Cabin In The Woods

Previously on: On The Run…

I fell down against one of the trees and just sat there. I didn’t cry, I was all cried out. After a while, panic started to set in. I didn’t know where I was or how to get out of here. Even if I did get out of the woods, where would I go? There’s no way I'm going back home. I could always go stay with Wesley, Luke or Sarah, but those are the first places they would look for me. What was I supposed to do now?

The answer came to me as I remembered Bruce shoving a piece of paper into my hands. His voice echoed through my mind as I straightened out the paper which revealed a series of numbers.

I knew what I had to do. I took out my phone and dialled the number on the small piece of paper and waited for someone to pick up, the phone on the other end barely rang when a familiar voice answered.

“Did you finally come to your senses?”

“Yes, I did. I want to go with you.”

*

“And look, could you hurry?” I asked impatiently. “I'm pissed off, tired, hungry and I'm pretty sure werewolves are on my ass. So be a good vampire and put your super speed to use, I don’t w…”

“Alexis are you coming or do you want to sit there talking to yourself all day?” A voice asked right behind me making me jump and hit my head against the tree.

“Ow,” I grumbled as I glared up at an amused Bruce and climbed to my feet. “Dude, what the hell is wrong with you? Just because you're some freak version of Speedy Gonzales doesn’t mean you could just pop up out of nowhere and give me a heart attack!”

Bruce just chuckled. “I'm sorry, now c’mon, we should get out of here. Like you said, you’ve got werewolves on your ass.”

“I can't run as fast as you, you know that, right?”

A sudden excitement flared in his eyes and his lips twitched up in a mischievous smile. “Get on my back. We’ll get out of here much faster.”

I took a step back. “Dude, if you're going to turn into a bat…”

He rolled his eyes impatiently. “Alexis, just shut up and do as I say.”

I groaned as I realized he wasn’t kidding. Seeing my reluctance, Bruce grabbed my arm at an impossible speed and in one swift movement proceeded to sling me onto his back. I held on for dear life as he took off running; it was clinging on to a stone.

He streaked through the thick underbrush of the forest like a bullet or something. The trees flew by at a deadly pace, missing us by inches every time. I felt like one of those stupid dogs that stuck their head out the window of a moving car, I even had the urge to stick out my tongue, but thought against it seeing as I didn’t want to swallow a bug or something.

It felt like only a few minutes before he stopped. I immediately unlatched myself from him and sat down on the ground with my head between my knees and breathed in and out slowly. My head was spinning like crazy.

“You should remember to close your eyes next time.” I heard Bruce laugh. I lifted my head slightly and glared at him. Show-off.

“I'm sorry,” He said as his laughter died down. “Are you alright?”

“If I puke on your shoes, don’t be surprised.” I said, feeling this morning’s cereal threatening to resurface. I slowly moved my head to take in our surroundings. We were still in the woods, but Bruce had put me down in front of a small house. It looked more like a cabin. Great, a creepy, old, rundown cabin in the woods. Nothing good ever comes of that.