The worst Is Yet To Come

<#*****IMPORTANT*****#>

First of all, sorry for not updating for so long, but I finally got a great idea for the story, I just had to update.

*#And second of all, this is the last chapter of this story. Thank you so much for reading, voting and commenting, it really means a lot to me.#*

If you want me to make a sequel, please let me know.

Alright, on with the story.

***********************************

Previously on On The Run:Bruce set me down on one of the springy couches and in a flash he was gone again. Before I could even lie down properly, he was back and threw an old, torn, dusty blanket over me, but I didn't complain.

"I'll go in to town later tonight to get you something to eat." He said quietly. "But for now, get some rest kid, you had a rough day."

"Thanks Tinker Bell," I mumbled and fell asleep before you could even say sparkly vampire.

***

Lucia's POV:

It has been almost four weeks since Alexis has gone missing. I was losing my mind with worry, so was the others.

Mom and Dad have been distant, not just with me but with each other too. Mom locked herself in her room; she refused to come out and wouldn't stop crying. Dad just usually sat in the study or living room and just stared off into space. They haven't even tried looking for her; they just sit there feeling sorry for themselves.

I couldn't help but get the feeling they were hiding something from me, but not just them, the pack too. They all looked so guilty and were very careful to keep their thoughts hidden from me whenever we were on patrol.

Jacob has been distant too, Paul was another story though; he was a part of the search for about a week, like the others, before he lost hope and just gave up. He's become cold and withdrawn. Jared even found him past out drunk on the bathroom floor once.

Everyone has been affected by Alexis' disappearance, but yet I was the only one who hadn't stopped looking for her. I was out in the woods day and night trying to find any sign of her. And when I wasn't in the woods I was searching around all of La Push, Forks and Seattle, refusing to eat and sleep while she was out there probably lost and scared.. finally Sam had to command me to stop and had no choice but to obey.

I was currently lying on my bed, looking up at the bare ceiling, just listening to the loud music blaring through my headphones. Saphira was lying next to me, still weeping over her lost friend. Turbo had passed away a few days ago. He would just lie there on Alexis' bed, refusing to leave. He wouldn't even lift his head at the mention of food or squirrels. Jacob had helped me bury him in the back yard. I hated to think what my sister's reaction would be if she knew. She loved that dog more than she loved herself, maybe even more than food.

She was twelve years old when she walked into the living room of our old house, covered in mud and bruises. Both her elbows and knees were badly scraped up, mom almost had a heart attack at the sight, but Alexis just stared up at her with a wide grin and held out a puppy in her arms. She saw him in the middle of the road looking scared and lost. That's when a eighteen-wheeler sped down the street, oblivious to the little pup. Without a second thought she ran to the dog, grabbed him and jumped out of the way just in time.

I chuckled at the memory and wiped away a few stray tears making their way down my cheeks. Letting out a sigh, I stood up and made my way to the open window, feeling the cold night air against my skin.