26: Comforting Periods

A/N: this is a sort if a filler chapter, but it does comfort my heart a little writing this. I hope it does the same with yours after the previous chapter ^w^

There's only five chapters left, guys. And this story's going to come to an end :(

AOMINE IS VERY VERY VERY OOC IN THIS CHAPTER, SO BE CAREFUL.

*-*-*-*

26: Comforting Periods

*-*-*-*

I took a sharp intake, my stomach clenching in pain. This isn't real. Now, of all times...?

Aomine was just behind me, locking the door, and when he saw me crouching in pain, panic masked his expression immediately.

We were back from window shopping, alternatively buying some of the things that we needed for the upcoming winter. But the shopping just had to end with me feeling like my stomach had been kicked squarely by a spiked boot.

It hurts. Like damn.

"Kaede! Oi, what's wrong?" He rubbed my back soothingly, but the clench in the stomach was painful. Nope. Too painful.

Groaning, Aomine helped me up, and I rummaged through my closet for some pads. I felt an icky feeling in between my legs, and grabbed a random pair of new undergarment and a new pair of trousers. Aomine understood quickly and tried to follow me to the bathroom.

How cute.

The last I saw was his blushing face, completely understanding the situation.

Periods are simply the worst.

*-*-*-*

I changed into new trousers and cleaned my dirty ones, letting them dry somewhere private. Only then when I bring them to the public washers.

Aomine was practically on his feet when I unlocked the door, concern in his face. Really, he was adorable.

This is going to be tough.

"I'm so sorry," I muttered, but he just shook his head.

"It's okay." He replied, a little bit awkward. It was then the pain started kicking in again, and I cried out. Aomine caught me just in time as I fell, cradling me in his arms.

"Aomine, it hurts.."

"Shh, I know you do." It was then I felt my vein popping. Blame the PMS.

"Like heck you do! It hurts so much that I can barely register anything else!" I snapped, feeling anger bubbling inside me. As soon as I saw his shocked face, I calmed down for a bit. "... I'm sorry."

He didn't reply. I then felt the two arms encircling around me picked me up effortlessly, gently tucking me to bed. Aomine delivered a soft kiss to my temple and stroked my hair. "Be still, and I'll be back."

I heard the door close, and snuggled deep under the covers. Little by little, one by one, the tears that I've been holding fell.

That's how painful it is.

A part of me was really hurt that Aomine left. Where could he have gone? I mean, I was showing my pain to him and he just... went out the door?

Wow. That hacked my heart out. With a knife.

*-*-*-*

I should not have complained.

Aomine was gone for a while, yes, and I hated him every second he was away from me. But when we came back, he was holding two plastic bags, full of what seemed to be like groceries.

"Hey.. Uh.. I kinda asked someone for help.." He started awkwardly, and I just blinked, urging him to go on.

"W-Well.. I found out that chocolates are best for periods and Fererro Rochers are what you love the most, so I kinda..."

He pulled out a container from the bag, and presented it to me. I gasped. The container was transparent, and heart shaped. About thirty of the Fererro Rochers nestled inside, wrapped with a gold wrapper.

Nothing could make out how happy I was right now.

"Aomine, thank you." I threw my arms around him, hugging me tightly. He returned it immediately, burying his face into my neck. It seemed as though the surprises haven't ended; he still had some more up his sleeves.

Which is something I didn't complain about. Not at all.

"Well... I also bought popcorn and a tub of ice cream... And some movies.. I mean, if you want to watch them.."

Anything said after that was silenced as I planted my lips onto his, my hands gripping the front part of his shirt. He snaked his hands through my hair, pulling me closer. The kiss lasted several moments, before we finally pulled away. His lips held a victory smile, holding up the DVDs in one hand.

"You want me to accompany you watch movies?"

*-*-*-*

"Does it still hurt?" Aomine asked, threading a hand through my hair. I breathed out, nodding my head slightly.

"Well.. It does."

"Why don't you take the pills?"

I shook my head vigorously. "No! I don't wanna!" I whined.

He sighed. "If you don't, the pain's going to hurt more, you know."

I whimpered when another pain shot through my stomach, and Aomine held onto me tighter. I felt long, calloused hands rubbing my stomach gently, and immediately I felt most of the pain subsiding.

I opened my eyes and looked up, into Aomine's midnight blues. I jutted out my lower lip a bit, which caused his desperately-attempted hard look crumble to pieces in a second.

Worth it.

"Oh don't you give me that look," he grumbled at me before grabbing yet another Fererro Rocher off the table above our heads, and handing it to me. "You better owe me a kiss for this."

"No!" I whined like a kid, tugging the sleeves of his shirt repeatedly, annoying him.

"Darn it!" He grumbled, pulling the chocolate off its golden wrappers and was about to feed me, but then he had an idea. He placed the chocolate in between his teeth, smirking at me to do it. I stared up at him in disbelief, before finally going with the flow.

I grabbed the sides of his face and slowly inched my face closer to his, my tongue darting out and scooping the chocolate out of his mouth. Once I was done, he attacked me, devouring my lips completely as he dominated over me.

With the chocolate melting in my mouth, I kissed him back, not really knowing how much of an ache it was to not feeling his lips onto mine.

The chocolate had melted and the biscuit was soft enough for me to swallow without chewing, and Aomine sneakily nibbled my bottom lip, making me whimper out.

"Hmph, that's what you get for pouting." He immediately left my lip, satisfied at how he made my bottom lip go swollen. With a quick reflex, he darted his tongue into my mouth, tasting it. I could feel him licking around aimlessly, and a shiver shot through my spine as I was devoured by him again.

We both broke off the kiss panting, and I rested my head on his collarbone. We were trying to regain our breaths, but it almost seemed useless.

I didn't even complain. For the next seven days, we spent a lot of time just cuddling each other.