25: Visit(s) and Past Memories

A/N: This chapter might trigger your feels, just like it did with mine when I wrote this. It hurts me so much to write this, and I'm sorry it happened. It had to. You'll know why at the end of the chapter. Send me hate messages all you like. Enjoy :)

*-*-*-*

25: Visit(s) and Past Memories

*-*-*-*

Everyone practically kissed the School Grounds when they got back. True, they were ecstatic about going away after vacation, but the irony is that you'll always miss school, whether you like it or not.

Aomine and I dumped our bags somewhere at the corner of our room, vowing to wash them soon enough. I didn't even get to lie down on my bed when my phone rang. Caller ID: Father

"Hello?" I tucked the phone between my ear and shoulder, looking from one clothing to another in my closet. Aomine turned around looking at me curiously.

"Kaede?" Father's voice assured gently. "It's almost time."

"... Oh. Don't worry, Father, I remember."

"Kise's coming, right?"

"I'm not sure. I'll call him after this, okay?"

"Alright." It took him a while to ask the golden question. "Do you want to bring Aomine?"

I paused, silent all of a sudden. It's still Autumn Vacation, so we had more or less a few days of freedom. I looked over at Aomine, whom returned my gaze with a mix of curiosity and nervousness. I turned back. "I'll confirm with him too."

"Okay. Call me when you have."

"Okay. Bye."

"Bye." I ended the call, looking over.

"Hey, Aomine." I started.

"Yeah?"

"Do you wanna come with Father and I? We're going out."

"Where to?"

"... Today marks the third year since my mother's death. Kise might be coming; I'm confirming with him later."

He stopped in his tracks, the grip on his shirt was so tight that his knuckles went white.

Yep, it was that tight.

"I'll see."

"We're going this afternoon. Meet me by the front gate if you wanna come." I trotted over and fidgeted. Without warning, I placed a chaste kiss onto his cheek, and bolted out the door. "I'm gonna ask if Kise can come. See you!"

*-*-*-*

As the clock stroke one in the afternoon, I was dressed in a long black dress that flowed down till my ankles, along with a black hat with laces at the side of my head. I was waiting for Father's car, when I heard someone clear their throat behind me.

I spun around. "Aomine?"

".. Yeah." He smiled bitterly. "Thought I would come. Where's Kise?"

"Oh, his sister fell sick, so he's out of town as of now." A sleek black car came, and I nodded him over. "Let's go."

We both climbed in, the tension immediately wrapping around us all. Once we were all settled, Father hit on the acceleration and off we went.

Aomine had his hands in front of him the whole time, clenched till his knuckles were white. My hand darted out and enveloped his, making him flinch, flash me a smile that didn't reach his eyes, and quickly look out the window.