Chapter 5.

After going through the woman's memories, Yifei looked at her situation.

This was the time she confessed to that man. They were at a luxury [pleasure] boat with her sister, his friend, his junior brother and that girl.

She was watching him who was continually watching the charming girl, his eyes full of warmth.

She stewed with an intense loathing for his excessive attention to the girl and for the knowing tone she always held towards him. She was bold and direct, almost seemingly oblivious.

How could she! How could she! how could she!

The moment the young lady was separated from everyone else, a tearful Miaoyi walked towards her, she lifted her hand and slapped across the girl's face. Her slap was both reverberating and precise, leaving an imprint on the girl's jade like skin.

The girl's dark eyes stared in anger at her direction, she was tossing knives with her gaze while gripping her swelling cheek.

"What do you think youre doing?" The man's angry voice suddenly aimed towards her.

"Da'ge don't misunderstand. I.. i.." Her shy voice faltered.

The man immediately held the girl's face as he tenderly examined her swelling cheek. His eyes emitted a dangerous glint.

"You dare!" His strong and deep voice snapped.

No! Dont look at me with such eyes!

Miaoyi's face was drained white, gone is her collected demeanor as tears broke out running down her face.

"You've made me see you in a new light today, Miaoyi. If this happens again, do not expect the same leniency." His tone was stern and brimming with concealed threat.

"Dage, didn't you know? I love you." She helplessly said while staring at him with pleading eyes, looking wronged.

The man remained unmoved, holding the girl's hand tighter.

He frowned as he turned to go when Miaoyi hastily held onto his sleeves. Catching a glimpse of her tear stained face, he scowled before shoving her aside causing her to tumble off the boat.

Not expecting to push her with such force, he immediately jumped after her.

_______________________________________
Dage - Big Brother

used to politely address men around the same age or older than the speaker, but not old enough to be considered an "Uncle".