Chapter 2.

Under a starry night, behind the silk screens, a pair of silhouettes are joining as one in a candle lit room.

Yu Miaoyi's face was wearing a dark expression. Her line of sight watched  the two shadows cling together under one roof. Her eyes were filled with jealousy as her lips pressed into a tight line unknowingly.

"Jiějiě, it is better for us to return." Miaoyi was patted by her sister.

"Jiejie, please stop doing this to yourself. My heart also aches whenever I see you like this. Elder brother is trying his best not to kill that man but we can no longer bear seeing you like this."

Miaoyi's eyes started to water and tears began rolling down her cheeks. She loved that man since childhood.

She loved him very much.

"You have done enough jiejie, scheming all sorts of calculations only to be discarded. Perhaps it is time for you to accept that you cannot take what isn't yours. Perhaps it would never belong to you."

"Meimei, perhaps I always thought he was mine that gave me the strength to endure until now."

"You managed to marry him, but sister he doesn't love you. Let alone want you. After he married you, he has not even touched you once. Sister it is already clear what the man wants you to see.

Yes, through your tearful eyes and calculated schemes you've managed to stay but he'll eventually find a way to get rid of you and completely abandon you. Sister, youre smart. You know the man will stay devoted to the one he loves"

"Shut up! I know.. ." Miaoyi didnt want to hear any further. Its not as if I didnt know. Those things, she doesn't need any more people slapping it to her face.

Yu Miaoyi stared back at the couple. On her lifeless eyes was an unnerving horridness.

"Sister! whatever you are planning, it is best to stop now!" Ting Hua was taken a back. Her sister's look was truly frightening.

"One more word and I'll do it to you instead." Miaoyi spoke with clear murderous intent.

Yu Ting Hua's body stiffened.

"Originally, I was going to kill them." She smiled but streaks of tears fell from her face.

Ting Hua stood still as a dagger entered her sister's sleeve. Miaoyi held her cheek as her eyes met the woman's smile. It was warm yet full of sorrow.

"Do not follow me. I want to be alone."

Ting Hua watched Miaoyi's departing back. An indescribable pity and sadness swept over her.

Under that starry night, Yu Miaoyi set herself on fire together with the whole Zhao Meng Zhe Garden.

_______________________________________
Mèimei - Sister
Jiějiě - Elder Sister