Chapter 4.

Yifei didnt know how long she has been unconcious. After waking up, she found herself alone laying in a room.

Before she could stand and ask for someone, a massive headache strucked her. She shut her eyes as her brain felt like it had suddenly been shoved full pieces of heavy iron as countless of memories flashed her mind.

A silent cry bore across the room. Yifei placed her hand on her chest, breathing heavily.

It all now made sense. That person swallowed by flames was not me but this girl.

Forms of sweat appeared on her forehead.

The woman was wrapped in flames while drowning in her own laughter. She laughed and laughed until she was hoarse but in the manic sounds lingered nothing but pain, regret and self disdain.

"Miaoyi." She muttered. She has seen everything through this person's eyes. Everything she felt, she thought and she's done.

She loved past the point of redemption. When she could no longer endure, she wanted to kill the main source of her pain. But at the end, she still chose the man and ended herself.

In the raging flames, she laughed. She felt nothing but contempt towards herself. She no longer wanted to love the man.

This person was given a second chance to relive her life. But why am I in her stead?

All the pain and resentment, all the obsession, all the madness had simply turned into a memory after waking up.

Yifei stood up and sat down opposite a bronze mirror. Staring at her was a beautiful lady with bottomles black eyes. Her face was as calm as water, carrying with her a graceful ease.

She grinned at her appearance in the mirror, revealing her fine white teeth, her hand stroking her face.

"Its all passed now, Miaoyi. Since the heavens have given you and I another chance, let's start again. Okay?"

The person in the mirror replied with a brilliant smile.