Chapter 3.

Yifei shot her eyes wide open as she gasped a mouthful of air. She wanted to scream but her throat only coughed out water. At this moment, horror and madness remained in her eyes.

Panting heavily, Yifei was met by the sight of an imperiously handsome face inches away from her. The bright sun illuminated the man's countenance as droplets of water continuously dripped from his hair.

Truly picturesque.

But what returned her gaze was a pair of cold dark pupils that held an ill concealed dismay.

"Put me down." She hoarsely said.

Her mind was currently a mess. The rolling flames engulfing her body was still vivid.

"But I was just killed by a thief." She faintly thought, recalling being stabbed in the back. The sharp pain still lingered. Her death, that she was certain.

And now, she is drenched in the arms of a handsome man. Her mind was currently unable to process everything at once.

"I said put me down." Looking under his proud nose, Yifei glared at the man. She pushed away from his chest and wriggled her legs.

Hasty footsteps could be heard as panicked stricken faces ran towards them. The man frowned and continued to walk while tightly carrying the girl.

"Hurry up and take Lady Yu back to the estate." He coldly shouted. The man placed her down. At that moment, two women immediately assisted her, their faces dripping with cold sweat.

Before Yifei could say anything, the man flipped his dripping sleeves and unconcernedly walked away, leaving her behind.

Dizziness was slowly hitting her as she watched the man's unfeeling back.

"Ahh!"

Servants rushed to her side as her body slumped to the ground.