Chapter 50 {Edited}

I sat on the bed twirling my thumbs trying not to focus on the fact that Saebriel was out there right now probably fighting with Icarus. He could be hurt or Icarus could be on his way right to me and have tricked them. I didn’t like this whole worrying crap, it was irritating and frustrating because I couldn’t do a damn thing about it. Herald stood at the end of the bed like a statue just staring at the floor endlessly, it was worrisome. I think he was worried about Sabe too.

“If you want to go out and help him I won’t blame you Herald.” I murmured glancing to the door.

“Think of this, if I showed up to help him alone. He would begin to think you were dead, do you really want him fighting a master vampire when he then has a death wish?” he snapped at me.

I glanced at him and smiled. “Thank you for staying here with me, all of you.” I said looking over at Simon who was making soup on the little heater that doubled as a small stove in the corner of the room.

My stomach was tight with hunger, I hadn’t eaten in the past day. My head was light and it was probably what was causing my moodiness, well that and my undead fiancée was out in the freezing mountain cold fighting another vampire who wants to rip my throat out… Damnit.

Simon walked over and sat down next to me on the bed, in his hand was a bowl of mushroom soup. Smiling I thanked him silently and took the bowl. I wanted to slurp it all down at once but it would most likely upset my stomach and burn my throat and mouth. So I took small sips off a spoon until I could feel my stomach filling up and then I slowly increased the amount until it was all gone and I was full.

“Do you feel better?” He asked taking the bowl from my hands.

I looked over at him and nodded, “A little yeah.”

“That’s good, you should get some rest. You look exhausted.”

Shaking my head I rocked back and forth a little on the bed, “I can’t sleep not now.”

“You gained the last mark idiot. Your body needs time to adjust to immortality.” Herald snapped at me walking away from the fire to glance out the windows making his rounds.

It had been a few hours of this, there wasn’t a sense of danger, it was placid and frighteningly quiet. It left a ringing in my ears as I strained to hear anything, anything at all. Looking around the room at the three people guarding me I felt guilt swell inside of me, I would only burden them if I was stumbling around from fatigue.

“Alright. But don’t let me sleep to long.” I murmured sliding down onto the bed and curling myself up in the blankets.

I never heard a response, when my head hit the comforter all the lights went out in my head. I drifted through the heavy darkness of my mind slowly moving farther and farther in. Like something was pulling me onward and I had to keep going or I would drown. A bright flash of light shot up from the nothingness cutting straight through it. It was a bright beam, or a pillar.