Chapter 15 {Edited}

The next few seconds filled with chaos, Saebriel vanished, which meant I hit the ground hard. Luckily the snow was soft and fluffy but what lay underneath that layer was warm and sticky. Slowly I opened my eyes to see what was causing the sticky warmth.

Bright red crimson was spreading out around me in the pure white snow. Gasping sharply I pushed away from it stumbling to my feet, I looked down my side at the blood that stained my clothes. Damn my mind and its stupid unconsciousness. Whatever this meant was not good.

“Saebriel!” I shouted out into the forest stepping quickly away from the blood puddle.

I fought the nausea that swarmed my mind making my stomach twist and turn, the forest had not changed. There was no sign of that damned creature or Sabe. Neither of which sat well with me, I didn’t want either of them sneaking up on me in here. My head felt like I had just been spun around quickly and then stopped abruptly, it made my vision blur momentarily as I tried to steady myself.

“Saebriel! Stop snooping in my mind you pervert” I called into the forest.

…Nothing, utter silence met me. The wind had died now and the forest was starting to darken, it was changing… not good. I turned to head back to the blood puddle area hoping that maybe something there would help me wake up. When I turned I came face to face with the beast that had taken Saebriel. Its lips curled back sliding over jagged fangs. I took a precautionary step backwards; waking up now would be great.

“Stay away from her!” My head snapped to the right as a dark blur raced by tackling the monster to the ground. Saebriel threw it through the forest and into a thin tree that snapped like a twig.

He turned to look at me his eyes darkened again, “Saebriel…” I whispered in shock. He was protecting me.

“You are a new kind of broken, Aderyn Taun” He snapped moving towards me.

My spine stiffened and I straightened my shoulders, “Fuck you, you’re the one that climbed into my damn head” Thanks for ruining that moment you asshole, I thought to myself.

“Why would you create something like that?” He spat turning to glance back the beast that had finally come to a rolling stop pretty deep into the woods.

“I didn’t make th-that-that thing! I don’t even know what the hell it is. Shouldn’t you be explaining to me? You live with weird shit like this” I shouted back at him pointing in the direction of the creature.

He scoffed rolling his eyes at me, “Like I would know. It’s inside of your head, not mine.”

The creature lumbered back onto its feet giving its head a shake before it snapped to look in our direction. I grabbed Sabe’s hand pulling him through the tree’s, at first the idea made sense. Then it hit me, Saebriel was faster than Olympic runners so why the hell was I setting the speed. I stopped abruptly nearly causing him to slam into me.

“What the hell?” he growled down at me.

“I just realized you are way faster than I am” I said pointing at his chest.

He groaned tossing his head back, in the distance the sound of the creature howling reached us. He stiffened reaching over and scooping me back up into his arms. Without any hesitation he took off running through the woods. I turned in against his chest covering my ears so the wind force wouldn’t pop them. I struggled to draw in a breath but what did suck in was enough to at least keep me conscious longer.

“Remind me to never come in here” He growled down at me.

I nodded my head against his shoulder peaking up to look behind us, inches from my face was the creature. I screamed as it launched at Sabe tackling both of us to the ground. I hit the ground first with Saebriel collapsing overtop of me his hands slamming through the snow onto hard rock beneath as he stopped himself from crushing against me. I lay on my back staring up at him, both of us breathing quiet heavily.