Chapter 49 {Edited}

I wish they made injectable advils, when I woke up I was no longer relaxed or in a state of euphoria. Instead I was dappled in bruises and ached in places I didn’t even know about. My only consolation to the aches was waking up to Saebriels sleeping face right there next to me on the pillow.

His face smoothed by a calm sleep, his lips parted as small breaths made their escape. Black locks of hair lay tousled around his face and on the pillow around his head. His arm still rested on my side with his hand at the small of my back, and he was still amazingly naked.

I ran my hands up his chest and paused at the glittering on my left finger my breath caught in the back of my throat as I watched the morning sunlight glitter through the window off the blue stone set in silver and diamonds. So much had happened in the last twenty four hours it made my head spin, it was nice to have a quiet morning with just Saebriel here. I gently placed my hand over his cheek and leaned in quickly to give him a little kiss.

As I leaned back his eyes opened and his soft lips stretched into a smile, “Morning.” He spoke in a soft tone like he was afraid to raise his voice.

“Hi” my voice was equally as soft, which was odd because normally I was loud and proud.

“How do you feel?” he ran his hand up and down my side making me shiver and wince.

He caught the momentary flash of pain and stopped moving completely. “Truthfully I kind of hurt, like everywhere. Which is weird because I don’t know how everywhere hurts.”

A heavy sigh left his lips, “It’s the mark, my control started to slip and I was a little rough. I’m sorry Rin.” He pressed a long kiss against my forehead.

“I still can’t believe you were a virgin.” I murmured fighting a grin as his face went red again.

“I wish I had never told you that now.” He grumbled shutting his eyes tightly.

My stomach groaned making my face go red, I pressed my hands over my belly and smiled. I had a craving for bacon, thinking of it made my stomach rumble again.

“Are you hungry Rin?” Saebriel chuckled running his hand up my arm to hold the side of my face.

“I didn’t eat yesterday.” I admitted meeting his eyes and watching anger and then guilt flicker over his features.

“You should have said something sooner.” He growled vanishing from the bed leaving me alone underneath the nice warm covers.

Rolling my eyes I pulled the comforter tighter around my shoulders blocking out the chill from outside that crept through cracks.

“Aderyn you need to move around, your body’s stiff and it will hurt more if you stay curled like that.” He sighed crawling back onto the bed.