Chapter 8-Running From Them, Running To You

Hey guys! Hope you didn't forget about me :D Here's chapter eight!

"So how long have you guys been following us?" I asked Wade as the three boys led us to the party.

"We found you when Ashley screamed," he responded. She scowled, still pouting that the boys had seen her scared when we had gotten lost.

"And then you threw rocks at us and got us lost," I finished.

"Man, you guys were lost even before we came along," Trent, one of the other boys, cut in.

"No way!" Courtney rebuked.

The third football player nodded. "You guys totally went right by the party," He started. "If not for us, you'd be breaking out of the woods onto the highway about now."

This put Courtney in a steamy mood too. "Just shut up James," she muttered and the boys laughed.

Within minutes, the noises from the party could be heard from afar, and as we grew closer, the trees glowed orange from a fire.

The party was in full gear when the eight of us walked into the clearing. Two long picnic tables were at the edge, one piled with food, another with coolers and kegs. Someone had driven their pick-up truck in, and a large stereo, sitting in the bed, blasted music. In the center of the field, a large bonfire roared. People, most from school, though some not, mulled around; most drinking, others talking, and some dancing. Almost instantly, two girls appeared and attached themselves to Wade's sides. Player, I thought, amused as he walked away, a grin stretched across his face.

Beside me Courtney wore a look of disgust.

"If he has more than three beers . . . " she began.

Honor put a hand on her arm. "It's okay. He's been careful since that. You know he has."

She let out a breath and loosened a bit, but still looked worried.

I shot her a glance but she shook her head and mouthed, later.

James interrupted and pointed. "See that?" he joked. "That's why most people are here, not wandering aimlessly through the woods." A path from the road was clearly visible on the other side. Of course. Beside him, Trent laughed.

Courtney elbowed James, her odd mood seemed to have vanished quickly. "Shoo you two, leave us in peace. You've made fun of us enough." She waved them away.

When they left, she turned. "So girls, where to?"

"To steal someone's jeans," I mumbled.

"Oh just shush, it's not that bad," Courtney responded.

"Everyone's wearing jeans!"

"Not everyone! Some people are dressed like you."

I rolled my eyes, "Only a few."

Ashley shoved my shoulder. "Stop being a party pooper. Look at Honor. She's wearing a dress!"

"But it doesn't come two inches below her ass!" I whined.

Ashley shrugged, "Look around girl. How many people do you see that don't look like sluts." She had a point there. "Besides, it's a fine length. Courtney was going to wear it for homecoming, remember?"

Morgan laughed. "Ash, that's not saying much. It's Courtney."

Courtney? I looked at her. She wore a black mini skirt which, granted, was a little short, but there were gray leggings underneath that stopped at her knees, and her shirt was a tight t-shirt with a high neck. What did Morgan mean by that? Other than Honor, she was the most conservatively dressed one of all of us. Courtney saw my look and said,