Chapter 3-Running From Them, Running To You

Hey! so I probably won't be uploading this close together normally, but tell me what you think! Thanks so much for any comments-I love critisism . . . think I spelled that right. Do you think the stories going to fast? Chapters aren't long enough? Not giving enough detail on anything or something doesn't make sense? Anything is really helpful! But right now I just finished writing it, it's four in the morning, and my friends are planning on waking me up in four hours! So good night!

Taffy. If I had one word to describe school that day, I would say taffy. I remembered walking into a candy store when I was little, watching them pull and then squish it together, pull and squish it together. That forty-five minutes in World History, sitting there ignoring someone, was pulled out, stretching out. Next period, English, even with Courtney, was squished in, passing in a blur. It didn't take a genius to figure out what made the difference. Walking into study hall, the stretching sensation began again. I sat down in the farthest seat I could find, but it wasn't ten minutes into the class that an arm rested on my desk. I looked up, and instantly was drawn into the two pools of honey gazing down at me.

"Yes?" I asked.

"You weren't very polite in history."

I adjusted myself so my head rested in my hand, nicely giving me a little time to prepare for talking to him. "I'm sorry," I flashed him a smile. "I was only trying to pay attention. I wouldn't want to miss my first lesson at this lovely school." By the end, sarcasm was dripping from my words.

He leaned back, crossing his arms. "What? Don't like Morris High?"

I shook my head, scrunching up my nose. "Nope." I popped the "p."

"Why not?" He rested his arm onto his knee and cradled his face, mirroring my pose. "You too good for us?"

"Bulls eye. The new foster girl is obviously too good for this school. Newest technologies, sparkling clean, huge. What is it, five years old? Can't be much more than that." I shook my head, "Na, I can promise you that it is not that."

Will was looking at me intently now. My cheeks blazed as I realized I had spilled more than I had ever intended, let alone in the first day, to some guy I barely knew. He cocked his head to the side, "So you think we're too good for you."

"Basically." I gestured around me, "look at this place. It's ridiculous. The village idiot over there is walking around in Calvin Klein and lives in a two million dollar mansion!"

"As are you," Will pointed out. I looked down, and noticed I was.

"Everything's Courtney's. I showed up in someone's stolen jeans and shirt." I stopped short, realizing that, once again I'd let out more than I should have.

"Bit of a criminal record here?"

I looked away. "It's nothing."

Will shrugged, "Alright. Have it your way. But I have a feeling that the girl who shows up in shoplifted clothes is much more interesting than the guy who can afford to buy designer clothes."

I swung my head around, "huh?"

He gave me a half smile, "Well you -"

Suddenly, another voice joined our conversation. "Mr. Parks, is there a reason you're halfway across the classroom?"

All heads swung toward us and I tried to turn mine away, but I still felt the shooting gazes piercing my back. Will spoke up,

"Auden just had a question about her schedule and I thought I would uphold Morris High's policy of welcoming new students." He gave her a large grin.