Chapter 4-Running From Them, Running To You

Alright chapter 4 is up and running! Tell me what you think!

"So is today your first day at Morris High?" Honor asked as we walked down the hall.

"Yeah, It's actually kind of intimidating." I admitted.

Honor looked surprised. "Morris? Really?"

"It's just so big," I spread my arms out and spun around. She laughed.

Honor thought about it for a moment and then nodded, "I guess I know what you mean. I was terrified my freshman year. I had just moved here and when I saw how many people were here I nearly cried I was so scared."

"Really?" I asked amazed.

She nodded sheepishly. "I was so shy, I don't think I held a conversation with anyone until the second week of school."

I nodded my head in sympathy. "So you're not originally from here?" I asked.

Honor shook her head. "I lived in California my whole life up until I moved here. I'm a West Coast girl through and through."

"Wow, that must have been a pretty big shift."

"It was. For months I had begged my parents to move back. I had never left the West Coast until I moved to North Carolina."

"Never? No way I could do that! I only moved a few counties over and I'm freaked." Too late I realized that I had let more information about past loose. Luckily, Honor didn't ask about it.

She put her head to the side, "I guess it might be a little more difficult because the area is unfamiliar, but I don't think it matters much how far you move. The people and places are still new. Either way is still really hard."

I gave her a smile. She was the first person who actually seemed to understand what I was going through.

"Are you sitting with anyone in particular?" Honor asked. "If you're not, you could come eat with my friends. We'd love to have you. I remember how horrible lunch was when I first came."

She was so sweet. I decided it'd be best to play dumb and pretend not to know who she was. I had already figured that I'd probably be sitting with her if Courtney knew her.

"Actually I was planning on sitting with the girl I'm staying with. Her name's Courtney."

"O that's good. You're so much better at this than me. I sat alone in the corner forever! I was a total loner."

I laughed, she was so easy to talk to. "I have a hard time believing that," I told her.

"100 percent true, I swear. I was so antisocial. But you said Courtney, right?"

I nodded.

"You don't happen to know her last name do you?"

I thought about it for a second, "No, I don't. Sorry." I would have to figure that out. I should have asked her.

"Oh, that's fine," Honor chirped. Suddenly we turned a corner and the cafeteria came into view. Round tables cluttered the large room, but they were mostly empty. At the back of the lunch room, a set of glass double doors had been thrown open, and I spotted most of the student body eating on the lawn. To both my left and right, long tables were laid out with multiple foods, ending at the cashiers. Honor and I both grabbed trays and started down one of the tables. Most of the school had already gotten their food, but there were still a few stragglers. As we waited in line, Honor started up our conversation again,

"So what does Courtney look like? I'm trying to figure out which Courtney she is."

"Well," I started. "She is kind of . . ." I tried to think of a better way to describe her, but only one distinguishing feature came to mind. "Goth," I finished.