Chapter 13 - The Truce

Well this is chapter 13... lucky 13 :)

EDITED 28/06/2015

********************************************************************************************

Chapter 13 - The Truce

A week passed, Nick had started to get use to most of my moves and we were now equally matched. Mrs Pointon had arranged for a stylist to come and 'fix' my hair, making the flat dull blonde mop on my head, transform into luscious wavy golden locks. I had also mastered walking in high heel shoes and my eating habits had turned from boyish to almost girl-like. I spent most afternoons with Ethan hanging out in the tech room, which was where I was now. We were watching the security cameras while munching on a tube of Pringles.

"So it's your birthday soon, what are you going to do?" he asked,

"How did you know it's almost my birthday?"

"Everything is on this computer," he laughed,

"I'm slightly concerned that you're becoming a stalker" I giggled,

"What me? That's silly. So you're turning sixteen" he said making me laugh

"Yeah you're really not a stalker" just then Nick walked into the Tech room with a pile of papers in his hands. He looked between me and Ethan before dumping the pile on his desk. "Mr Hill wants you to input this data into the system." he snapped scowling at Ethan,

"Your dad has been looking for you" he said, standing in the doorway waiting for me to follow him. I would have started an argument with him for expecting me to leave, but it was getting late and I wanted to see my dad, he had been really busy all week and I missed him.

"Guess I'll see you tomorrow" I said waving to Ethan as I left the room.

"Why were you hanging out with that guy?" Jackass asked as we walked down the corridor,

"What has it got to do with you? You may have to protect me but you have no say in who I become friends with" I snapped storming off ahead of him until I reached my dad who was in his room.

"Hey Lexy, I'm really sorry that I haven't been spending a lot of time with you lately." dad said when he saw me, he was hiding something behind his back.

"I understand dad, you're busy making sure I am safe" I replied.

"Well I've taken the afternoon off, because to be completely honest I've missed you" dad said with a smile.

"So what do you purpose we do?" I asked suddenly intrigued to what he was hiding behind his back.

"Well I was in the lounge earlier and I found this" he said excited as he showed me the box from behind his back.

"Monopoly" I squeaked excited, I hadn't played monopoly in years. We used to play board games together when I was younger, although I would never win. This time would be different, I was determined to beat my dad once. Within five minutes we were lost in the game, dramatically rolling the dice and throwing money at each other. It was the most fun I had had since I got here.

The next morning I stumbled out the door trying to put on my shoe, I had woken up later than usual so I had been rushing to get ready. I ended up falling into Jackass who had been waiting for me outside my room like normal. "Are you alright?" he asked as he pulled me back to my feet,

"Yes, thanks" I replied, I wanted to stay angry at him but I found it difficult when he was being nice to me. Why can't he just decide if he is nice or a Jackass, because it's giving me whiplash.