Chapter 3 - Acquaintances

Hi, Sorry if these chapters are only small. 

Hope you enjoy

EDITED 26/06/2015

********************************************************************************************

Chapter 3 – Acquaintances

I was looking forward to my Spanish class. I knew it would be a lesson that I could easily ace and considering the amount of catching up I had to do in other classes, it was a good job.

The teacher stopped me at the door with a smile. "Hello, I'm Senora Rodriguez. You are my new pupil am I right?" she asked in a thick Spanish accent. "Yes, I'm Alex" I admitted.

"Well as this is an advanced class, there is a rule that all conversation during lesson is to be in Spanish." She explained and I replied my understanding and smiled enjoying the idea of being immersed in the language. She moved aside and I entered the room. I was happily surprised to learn that there were only four students in the class, two of which were transfer students from Spain, however seeing that Nick the other student, turned my good mood sour. I now had three classes with him. Someone had it out for me. We all sat on the front row, me in the middle of Nick and one of the Spanish boys.

Senora Rodriguez explained to the class that due to the fact that they had a new student we would spend the beginning of class introducing ourselves. It took me a moment to process her sentence as her Spanish was very fast and it had been a few years since I had spoken the language properly. The brown haired boy at the end of the row stood from his seat and began to explain in perfect Spanish that his name was Carlos, he transferred to Green Hill High school two years ago, he told the class that he volunteered at the animal shelter and had two younger sisters.

Next the boy sitting next to me stood, he was wearing one of the school's football jackets, showing that he played for the school team. He began by explaining that his name was Maxino and Carlos was his cousin, he transferred two years ago and likes to hang out with his friends. He ended by proclaiming that he was currently single and winked at me before sitting back in his seat. Senora Rodriguez scolded Maxino and then smiled at me signalling that it was my turn to talk to the class. I stood from me chair and quickly explained that my name was Alex and I had just moved here. I told them that I like pizza and couldn't help mentioning that I don't like people who knock you over while you are waiting for lunch, this received a scowl from Jackass, who was the last person to introduce himself. He explained his name was Nick and he liked all types of sport and didn't like people who pretend to be someone they're not. He sat back in his seat and I glared at him in confusion. Was his comment directed at me?

Oblivious to the small argument that was starting in her class Senora Rodriguez told us that we would have free periods instead of Spanish on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays so we could do independent study. This was good news for me as I could use that time to catch up in my other lessons. The class continued with Senora Rodriguez explaining that we had to write three essays for next Monday and that our lessons on Thursdays would be spent in the lower Spanish class helping other students. Then she allowed us to make a start on our essays till the end of the lesson.

I quickly swapped my books at my locker before going to History, reaching the door at the same time as Jackass. This was really annoying me now, he couldn't be in all my classes, that would just be torture.

"After you princess" he snarled letting me go through the door first,

"Don't pretend to be a gentlemen, everyone knows you're just a jackass at heart" I snarled back before taking my seat at the back of the class with Nick taking the seat next to me,