Chapter 7 - The New Rules

EDITED 28/06/2015

********************************************************************************************

Chapter 7 - The New Rules

My alarm screeched at me the next morning making me violently hit it off the table with my pillow. Maddie let out a cry as the clock hit her on the head.

"You're violent in the morning" Jess giggled, I sat up in my bed and looked at her. She was dressed and sitting at my desk on the laptop.

"My alarm clock is clearly jealous of my relationship with my bed" I moaned before covering my head with the cover.

"Come on Girls, it's almost twelve o'clock" Jess whined jumping on the bed, the movement not helping to sick feeling I had.

"Alright, alright I'm up" I moaned when she pulled the covers away from me.

"Jess let me sleep" Maddie begged as Jess turned her attention to her, grabbing her cover and tugging it away also.

Twenty minutes later we were all downstairs eating breakfast. My dad was reading his newspaper and quietly chuckled to himself as he watched us make breakfast. Jess was acting like a busy bee having a sugar rush. She was definitely a morning person. Whereas Maddie and I were both slumped on the table only moving so Jess could place our breakfast in front of us. "I made you one as well Mr Stone" Jess explained placing a plate in front of my dad who smiled happily.

"It's nice to have a proper breakfast for once, this is lovely Jessica" dad said gratefully as he ate his food,

"My mum loves to cook and I guess I've learned from her" Jess giggled,

"It's better than toast" I mumbled,

"What are you girls doing today?" Dad asked as we all ate.

"There's that new movie out that we want to go and see" Maddie informed,

"I'll ring the boys and ask if they want to come with us" Jess said picking up her phone.

We all ended up going to watch a movie as the local cinema and then had lunch at McDonald's, most of the time we just talking about the party and looked at some pictures we had taken.

"Seriously Darren, where do you buy those tops?" I asked, today he was wearing a t-shirt that said 'We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public'.

"It's a secret" he said looking around suspiciously.

"So what happened after we left the party?" Jess asked

"After Nick dragged Max off, the party got a little out of hand." Darren explained,

"My aunt and uncle are really angry at Max, he's been grounded for two weeks" Carlos said,

"Good, he's such a creep. I can't believe he kissed you Alex" Maddie said and everyone agreed.

Walking out to Jess's car I spotted Jackass sitting in a dark green Jeep parked across the road. Sometimes I swear that boy is stalking me.

"Is that Nick?" Maddie whispered to Jess who looked around and spotted him,

"Don't you mean Jack" I giggled and Jess groaned in embarrassment.

I spent all of Saturday hanging out with Jess and Maddie. So Sunday I decided to spend some time with dad, I felt like I had neglected him.

"Do you want to have a fight?" I asked as we sat on the sofa watching morning television.