Chapter Two ~ Welcome to my Life

Chapter two

Mariah’s POV

I didn’t want anyone to find me, I curled up into a small ball, tears streaming down my face, I was ashamed, of running off like that, I felt so embarrassed, yet oddly comforted to know that Louis was always going to stick up for me. I wiped my eyes, shaking my head, I went to my locker, I opened the door and fished out my mirror, I started to re-do the makeup on my jaw, I wiped away the old application and re-applied, I quickly rid of my panda eyes, my cat flicks completely ruined, I shrugged, then looked at my jaw again, a hand rested on my shoulder, I jumped looking in the reflection of the mirror, it was Louis.

I took a ragged breath, I turned to face him, he quickly pulled me into a tight hug, I felt the tears well in my eyes, I wrapped my arms around his waist, “I’m sorry….” He whispered, I looked up at him, “You’re sorry for sticking up for me?” I whispered, a tear streamed down my face, he smiled, wiping it away with his thumb, “of course not… I’m sorry for causing that disruption…” I hugged him tighter, “you’re forgiven…” of course I could forgive him, I had these mixed feelings for him, I wasn’t sure if I liked him or I loved him… I just didn’t know. I closed my eyes, inhaling his charming scent; a thought suddenly occurred to me, why was he being so nice? Why was he looking out for me? Before I could ask any of these questions, Louis was torn out of my grip.

Dale stood there, holding onto his shirt, “DALE! LET GO OF HIM!” I yelled, Dale just ignored me, “Don’t touch her… she’s mine!” Louis smirked, “seriously? You use her as a punching bag and you won’t even let a friend hug her?” It felt like a knife was just driven into my stomach, he only considered me as a friend… you should’ve expected this Mariah; I cursed myself, “Dale! Stop it! Please! Just leave him!” I shot at Dale, but it was if I was talking to a brick wall. “I heard what you said to Liam the other day! I know you don’t consider Mariah as a friend! I heard you tell Liam that you have feelings for her!” My jaw dropped, the colour was rising in my face, “she’s my girlfriend!” Dale roared, before swinging a fist, I got in-between the two of them just as I heard feet coming, I felt Dale’s fist come into contact with my nose, “No!” Louis shouted before I fell into his arms, “S’okay! I have taken punches like this before!” I reassured Louis, I blinked my eyes several times, I felt something dripping down my nose, “Oh god, you’re bleeding!” Louis’ concerned voice filled my ears.

I waved it off with the flick of a hand, He helped me stand up, “it’s not like I haven’t taken a beating before Louis! Honestly!” I wiped my nose with the back of my hand, the blood smearing. “But I’ve learnt one thing…. Dale can’t stand the sight of blood.” Sure enough Dale looked at me with disgust, he looked pale, I just laughed, then stumbled again, Louis went to catch me, but I was fine, “You were just a pussy eh? Scared of blood!” I didn’t know what I was saying or who I was saying it to, but Dale just glared at me angrily, “OHMYGOD! Mariah! Are you okay?” Helena’s voice filled my ears; she must’ve been the pair of footsteps I heard, I turned my head towards her, Harry and everyone else following behind them, I rolled my eyes. Dale grabbed my wrist and hissed, “We’re leaving now!” Louis stepped forward but I flicked him away with the wave of my wrist.

I hocked and spat blood all over Dale, it was disgusting, but he deserved it, he let go of me and shrieked out like a little girl, “YOU WHORE!” he shut up as a teacher came in, “What is going on here?” Mr Posy asked, “nothing sir…” Dale muttered, wiping the blood from his hands onto his jeans. I quickly turned my back and wiped away the blood, I turned on my heel and walked away, as I passed Louis, I gave him a grateful smile, I continued walking to the restroom to clean myself up. I ran water over my hands, washing away the blood; I then started to work on my nose. Someone entered; it was Helena, “Hey… You okay Mariah?” she asked me innocently, I nodded, smiling, without realising I washed away the makeup on my jaw, Helena gasped at the black and blue bruise.