Chapter 8

Claire arrived just outside of the building spotting an opening in the wall. As she walked closer she saw bodies on the ground; the body of the dark vampires. She was about to walk away when someone called to her.

“Claire.” A horse whisper came from the vampire Gargoyle, who had been one of the vampires holding me. “Please help me.”

Claire was silent as her looked at the monster of the man that she had once loved.

“Please my love.”

“You are not my love.” Anger had enveloped her face. “The human man you consumed is. You took him from me.”

Claire took the small dagger she kept on her always and stabbed him in the chest; through where his heart should have been.

“You will not keep him any longer.”

“Ha, ha, ha, you will never get that weak human back.” He continued to laugh.

Claire stabbed him in the throat and tore his skin until his head was nearly clean off. His screeching had stopped; Gargoyle was dead. Claire stood covered in part of the black blood she had spilled and wiped a tear from her eye as she headed into the building.

“I will find you boy you can’t hide the scent of your blood from me forever.”

“Blue Eyes?” Claire stood behind me.

“Blue Eyes? Blue Eyes is dead. I am Red Eyes.” I turned around to face her.

She gasped at the new sight of my eyes.

“What? You don’t like it? It’s the new me.”

“What did they do to you?”

“Something that should have been done ten years ago.”

“They made you drink blood.”

“And I’ve never felt better.” I hissed at her.

‘What happened to the charm Mother Light had given you?”

I hadn’t noticed, but the charm Mother light had given me had broken off during the completion of my change.

“Blue Eyes?”

“Stop calling me that! She’s dead!”

“No she’s not because Charlie still lives.”

Claire had never called me Charlie before.

“Charlie!”

“Shut up!” The once blue pupils of my eyes, now yellow blazed like burning flames while the once whites of my eyes had darkened to a deep shade of blood red.

I turned around to start looking for Charles again.

“Charlie this isn’t you.”

“I am in no mood to kill you light vampire, so go.”

“Charlie please.”

“I said stop calling me that!” My body moved swiftly to put a newly clawed hand around Claire’s neck, thumb places in the center of her throat.

Her silver-lined purple eyes stared into mine.

“Charlie.”

“Stop it!” the hand around her neck squeezed hard.

“This isn’t you…”

“Stop it!”

Claire gasped as she started to choke now with both of my body’s hand around her neck.

“Remember who you are, remember your strength.” A tear ran down the side of her cheek.

“Shut up! Shut up!!!” My hands choked her as hard as they could.

“Come back Charlie.” She whispered to me as she put the missing charm onto my chest directly over my heart.

The hands squeezed harder and harder as a white like started to radiate off both of us. The evil that had taken me over screamed as the light consumed us. The next thing I knew I awoke from a black out on my knees and back in full control of my body. I opened my eyes to see Claire’s body on the ground in front of me lifeless and limp. Her neck lay flat on the ground though still connected and skin still intact.

“Claire? I did this? I did this…” Tears streamed from my eyes as I laid my head on the stomach of the familiar, but now cold corpse. “Why? Why couldn’t I stop this?”

“Charlie?” Charles came out of his hiding spot which was a storage unit only a few away from the ones that my baby had been throwing like they were nothing more than toy blocks. “Are you ok?”

I didn’t really hear him.

“Why? Why?”

“Why what?” That time I did hear him.

“Why couldn’t I save her? Why couldn’t I stop?” I asked as I looked him in the face for the first time since I had regained control.

“You’re back to normal.” He said in happy shock.

“What do you mean?” I was still in tears.

“Your eyes and teeth.”

I quickly felt my teeth with my tongue; my fangs were gone.

“Thank you Blue Eyes.” I heard Claire’s voice whisper to me.

“Claire?”

“Thank you Blue Eyes for giving me my wings.”

“What do you mean?”

“You helped me earn my wings; I’m finally free. I hope my gift is enough to repay you for the gift you have granted me.”

“Claire I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. I’m free. Thank you for that Charlie.”

Then her voice went quiet as I felt a warm goodness surround me and I knew she was hugging me good-bye. I continued my tears, but now in the arms of my big little brother.

“Let’s go home.” He spoke warmly to me as he picked me up.