Chapter 11- Undetermined Relationships and Family Ties

Chapter.... whatever idk.. ENJOOOYYYY

----

Later that night my mom and Phil were packing their bags. They were going to the Caribbean for a week for the honeymoon while Allison’s aunt, Kate, was checking on us a few times a day, which kinda sucked because Kate was the last person I could see babysitting. I helped my mom pack while Leo helped his dad. Mia colored the whole time. After the wedding I had changed into some dark blue skinny jeans, a white silk blouse and a warm north face jacket.

          “Well kiddos, I guess it’s time for us to head out,” said my Mom sadly.

She started going over a list of things for Mia that she had already told Kate.

          “Maya,” said Phil dragging her to the door, “They’ll be fine!”

My mom kissed all of us and they left with Phil out of the door.

          “Well I’m going to put Mia to bed,” said Leo yawning, “And I’m going to sleep too!”

“Okay, night,” I said as I started cleaning up the messy kitchen.     

          I was wide awake and had nothing to do. I looked outside the window to the acres of land behind our house. The tent was still put up. Phil said that they asked people to take it down the next day.

Slowly walking out of the backdoor I walked a few hundred feet to the tent. The dance platform was gone but a few chairs remained. I saw some roses lying on the ground. Picking them up, I decided I would put some in my room. I looked past the tent and saw the woods.

“AOUHHHHHHHHHHH!”

I jumped in the air and had to catch myself before I fell. I looked around wildly for the source of the howl. Nothing. Looking towards the woods again and I felt a strange urge to walk in them.

          “Nothing’s more fun then a risk,” I smiled to myself quietly, “Even if it involves Death.”

          I strode forward and entered the mysterious forest.

I was walking for at least an hour. Each step I went I noticed the forest got darker and closed in around me. I felt tense and my heart wouldn’t stop banging against my chest. I started singing to myself. When I was younger, every time I was scared my Mom used to tell me to sing to myself to make the fear fly out of my soul.

“On my way, on my way

I would like to reach out my hands

I may see you, I may tell you to run

So pick me up with golden hands

I may see you, I may tell you to run

On my way...”

I smiled softly as I sang the song quietly to myself. I fell out of the clump of trees and gasped. A giant mansion stood before me. I’m sure it was once handsome. I say once because the whole house was burned. The windows were cracked and I was sure that no one had lived in it for years.

“...the Argent’s came and set my house on fire, burning everyone alive...”

Is this- was this Derek’s old house? I frowned. It had to be. What other houses had been set on fire in little Beacon Hills, of course this had to be his childhood home. This was getting creepy. I stepped forward and made my way to the front porch. I could smell a slight burn mixed with mold and dust. Pushing the door open I stepped inside the gloomy house and saw that the bright moonlight had shone inside the house eerily. I climbed the stairs one at a time, running my hand over the dusty support. As I reached the top I heard squeak of a mouse running down the hall. I shifted my weight to the hallway allowing the mouse to run by.