Chapter 21- The First Formal- Part 3

I got a lot of comments last night. I love you guys. Every single one of you. Even if you don't vote or comment. I appreciate that you're reading. Thanks for being amazing. If anyone wants to fangirl about last Monday's episode, send me a message "down there" and we'll freak out together. :) Here's the new chapter. It's pretty long. At least for me. Enjoy, beautiful people. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 I felt the cool, brisk air of the night diminish as Scott and I entered the gym. The large room was thick with humidity and sweat. Bodies pressed against us as they swayed to the sexy pop band, Kids of 88. All at once, the students started chanting to the music:

"You've got pressure dripping off your shoulders

Let me be the one to relieve it!
Let's get unprofessional
Don't you know its gonna feel much better with...

Just a little bit
Just a little bit
Just a little bit
It's what you need!"

Scott grabbed my hand and tried to lead me away from the swarm of grinding teenagers when all of a sudden we heard a familiar, loud, nasally voice scream over the blasting music. 

"MCCALL! MCCALL GET YOUR ASS HERE RIGHT NOW! OH BOY YOU ARE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE NOW. I GOT YOU MCCALL, I'M COMIN'" hollered Coach Finstock, his spiky black hair bouncing up and down as he tried to squeeze through the crowd. 

"Oh fuck," muttered Scott and I in unison. I whirled around and smacked Scott on the arm. 

"I TOLD you to get your act together, didn't I? Now because your grades are shit, you're gonna get detention, God knows, maybe even suspension. What the hell, Scotty? And HOW many times did I ask you to study with me? Come on, tell me... HOW MANY?" I said angrily, as my protective instincts came out. 

Scott muttered something incoherent.

"Ugh, alright enough worrying about it now. Go. Finstock is gaining." I said pushing his chest slightly. 

His eyes widened and he made to sprint away, but he backtracked, kissed me on the cheek and disappeared. 

I let out a dramatic sigh and grabbed a drink.

"Parker! Where did McCall go?" said Finstock from behind me. I twirled around and looked up at him innocently.

"No idea Coach, sorry!" I grinned. He flared his nose and pointed at me, thought better of it, and I sped out of there as fast as he could.

I climbed the bleachers and sat down, running a small ice chip between my tongue. I scanned the vincinity, searching for familiar faces. I saw Jackson and Allison dancing near several tables that were set up. Moving my eyes down the rows of chairs, Stiles and Lydia were sitting across from each other and seemed to be arguing. Lydia seemed her typical snarky self, whereas Stiles was standing up and pointing to the dance floor. All of a sudden, Scott fell into the seat beside me, panting heavily with a profound amount of sweat dripping down his forehead.

"Dear God, where you running from coach or were you running a marathon!" I said loudly. I grabbed my napkin and handed it to Scott. He started to dab himself with the cloth and he scanned the room.

"Anything weird so far?" panted Scott.

"Other than Allison and Jackson dancing? I said half-heartedly, "Nope."

Scott raised his eyebrows and narrowed his eyes at Jackson, who looked very bored as he and Allison twirled around the dance floor. Allison didn't seem to be enjoying herself either. All of a sudden Scott started laughing.