Chapter 5- Staying HeadStrong

I'm baaackkk! Hahaha, hello my universal readers! Here is another new chapter. Hope you like it! Another Derek Hale scene <3

Chapter 5

I started gathering my things until I felt a pair of eyes watching me.

          “What are you doing here,” said a familiar voice.

I jumped.

I turned around and saw Derek Hale glaring at me.

          “You seriously need to stop doing that,” I said annoyed.

          “Doing what?” he asked.

          “Jumping up at random moments,” I said, “People will think you’re up to no good.” 

          “I am up to no good,” he said, “What are you reading.”        

          “Nothing,” I said quickly, trying to gather up my books quickly.

He was obviously too fast for me and before I could do anything he grabbed one of the books and started looking at it.        

“Your reading books,” he said, “On werewolves?”

          “Who cares,” I said angrily.

Who did this guy think he was, barging in on my life all the time?

          “Now if you’ll excuse me,” I said reaching up on my tip-toes to grab the book back, “I think I’ll leave.”

He shifted his weight and held the book away from me.        

          “What is your problem!” I said, pissed off now. 

          “Why are you reading these?” he asked curiously.

          “Because,” I said, “One of my friends is a freaking werewolf and I don’t know what else I can do to help him!”

          “What do you want to know about werewolves?” he asked me raising his eyebrow.

          He always wore the same glare on his face, as if it was a miracle if he smiled. It was getting on my nerves.

I  snatched the book away from him and layed out all of my stuff on the table in front of me.

          “You would help?” I asked raising my eyebrows.

He shrugged.

          I opened my laptop and pulled up a source. It was the same legend about the hunter, Argent and the werewolf.

          “What is that?” he asked bending down behind me.

I felt his breath

          “The Argent’s were actual werewolf hunter’s weren’t they?” I asked.

He nodded his head reluctantly.

          “Is that hunter in the same bloodline as the Argents who moved here a few days ago,” I asked.

          “Yes,” he said angrily, “They came back after they heard what happen-,”

          “What happened to what?” I asked.

          “The Argents,” he said quietly, “Are not a good family at all.”

          “What do you mean?” I said curiously.

He moved to sit down on the chair next to mine and wrung his hands together. He seemed angry. More like furious.

          “Derek?” I said, “Why are the Argent’s “not a good family”?”        

He took a deep breath and said, “Five years ago, my sister and I were in school. On the first day of summer my family was having a reunion at my house, and the Argent’s came and set my house on fire, burning everyone alive, well everyone except my sister Laura, my uncle Peter, and me.

          “I’m sorry,” I said quietly.

          “They think they’re doing some sort of favor,” he said banging his hand against the table, cracking it at the edges, “But they’re not. All they’re doing is killing innocent people. There were people in my family that were completely human in that fire!”

          “What about Laura and your uncle,” I asked breathlessly.

          “My uncle, Peter is unresponsive from the fire,” he said looking away, “And Laura was killed by the Alpha.”

          “The Alpha?” I questioned.

“The Alpha is the pack leader, the strongest most animallike werewolf of our kind. There is a rogue Alpha in Beacon Hills,” he said, “That’s the werewolf that killed my sister, and I need to find out who he is. He’s the one that bit Scott”

Silence penetrated the air.

          I took a deep breath and started closing the books, returning them to they’re shelves. After returning the books back I walked back to the table and saw that Derek was still sitting there.         

          “One more question,” I whispered my voice very dry.

          He glanced at me.

“I think my mom’s fiance is a hunter,” I said shakingly.

          “What’s his name,” he said looking at me without expression.

          “Phillip Kingsley,” I said mumbled quietly.

Derek’s jaw twitched and he looked up at me, eyes full of hatred.

          “He’s in the same line as the Argents,” said Derek with a disgusting look on his face, “Never follows the damned code, if you can call that a code.”

          I didn’t ask any more questions.      

          “What the hell am I going to do,” I said quietly hitting my head against one of the walls.          

He pulled me away from the walls and stared at me intensely.

          “Please,” he said quietly, “When he decides to tell you, you can’t become a hunter. They kill people like me.”      

          I glared at him.

He looked confused.

          “How could I even think about doing something like that,” I said angrily, “How am I going to look at him now.”

          “Pretend that everything is normal,” he said quickly, “Pretend that you don’t know anything.”

          I nodded.

          “Will you be okay?” I asked slowly, praying that the Argent’s didn’t hurt Derek, “The Argent’s and my stepfather are...hunting you.”

I wondered if Allison knew about her parents. He shrugged and handed me my bag and lightly pushed me out of the store’s door.

          “Bye,” I said lightly, “I’ll see you later then, I guess.”

“Mmm,” was all he replied.

It had stopped raining and it was pitch black outside. I got into my car and drove home. Thoughts swirled into my head. How was I going to get Scott from playing in the game Friday? What if Allison’s family hurt Derek? What if Scott hurts someone on full moon Friday? How was I going to look at Phil now that he lied to my mom and I? I pushed a button on my Ipod dock and the music blasted my thoughts out of my head as I sped home in my car.

Welp. Did you like it? Recommend this story to your fans and vote!