Chapter 5

Stacy's POV

I waited for David to come home. It feels weird being here alone. His mom is gone, running errands. At least that's what I'm guessing. She took a piece of paper with her. I slowly walk through David's room, looking at the posters and pictures that decorate his walls. By the looks of it, it seems as if he really likes he is really into Rock 'N Roll and Rap. Then a picture captures my eyes. It is one of him, his mom and another man. That must be his dad. He looks just like David. They looked so happy, one big happy family. What I would give to be with my family. I wonder what they are doing now. Is Jesse okay? 

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS RIGHT NOW DAVID!"

"Mom, if you were there I am pretty sure you would have done the same thing."

"GO TO YOUR ROOM RIGHT NOW!"

I stand in shock, I have never heard his mom so mad. David opens his door and slams it real hard. The window shakes a bit and I cringe, he is scary when mad. 

"She never understands.." David sits on his bed and that's when I notice the black eye and brusied face.

"David?"

"Not now Stacy." He rolls away from me, which makes me so mad. I always hated when people would just ignore me like that. 

"David, come on. What happened?" I inch forward, though he can't see me. I wait, but no response. 

"David.." Still no answer, but he puts his headphones on and that's when rage took over me. I got mad and imagined them being lunged across the room. Well that is exactly what happened.

"What the fuck Stacy!" David looks at me and that's when I saw he could see me. 

"Don't ignore me, what happened?"

David sighed and explained to me the whole story. How could anyone be so cruel? Wait, I went to that school.. I know them. In fact I dated Zac, sounds like something he would do. 

"David, I'm sorry Zac did that to you. Just ignore him, trust me, he will get bored and move on to someone new."

"Did you know them?"

"Yeah, use to date Zac."

"Oh." Why does David look hurt? 

"Well I should head to bed, still have school. Principal let it go but he said next time he won't be as easy."

I watch as he slowly fell to sleep. Sleep, kind of miss that too. Miss having dreams and being able to get away from the world for a little bit. David looks so peaceful, like nothing could hurt him. 

NEXT DAY

David gets up and gets ready for school. As he was getting ready I deiced I should go with him. All I have to do is attach myself to him. Just focus Stacy and think yourself as a magnet. Ha, yes I did it and just in time! 

David and his mom head towards the car and like a dog on a leash. When we got into her car they both shivered a bit.

"Brr, awfully cold. Let me turn on the heater." She cranked it up and that was all that was said on the way to my former high school. Man, I remember this drive, had so many memories with it alone. Cat and I laughing and singing to our favorite songs. Getting coffee and gossiping about what drama was happening. Wonder how Cat is doing. 

"Mom, I'm sorry about yesterday." David looked at his mom. He looked hurt that he disappointed her. 

"David, I am not saying you did the right thing, but I am proud of you. You stuck up for yourself. Though could have gone at a whole different way. Just try to behave today okay?"

"I promise mom." David smiles and they both chat about other stuff, like what to have for dinner.

This is when I noticed how much they mean to each other. They truly love one and another. From this point on I have to make sure that nothing bad happens to David. Somehow protect hin, I will find ways. There will always be a way to protect David, right?

We arrived to the school and David got out, with me right behind him. As we are walking to his first period I notice someone starring at David. Wait she is looking right at me, but how?

Violet's POV

My name is Violet and I am 17, I go to Colfax High and I have black hair with red streaks. Oh did I mention I can see ghost? Also I, with a few other people in this school, are in a secret cult. Yeah I know, we seem like freaks, but it is something our families have been in for years. Some kids get necklaces or books passed down to them, well we get this cult. There are only a few of us. Me, Zac, Keith and Amber. Not many because some families either died out of it or didn't want their kids being part of it. I guess we are the lucky ones huh? See, in this cult we kill any demons or demotic creatures. Trust me there are a lot out there. It is a long story of why we do this, but we do it mainly to protect out city. We aren't all bad guys.

It was a normal day and just walking to my first class when all of the sudden I felt an odd presence. I quickly looked around and that is when I spotted David. Poor kid didn't have the best of starts to this school. Almost got kicked out. But Principal Baxer tends to be very nice. He believes in second chances. 

Anyways I was walking down the hall and not only did I see David, but also something hooked to him. It looked like a ghost, but ghost don't hook to other people, only demons. She even made eye contact with me! I at first couldn't move.

"Hey Violet, you okay?" Keith comes up to me and puts his hand on my shoulder.

"K.. Keith we have an issue. Get everyone together after school today. Meet at my place, emergency cult meeting." I look around, making sure no one over heard us. Keith just nodded and walked away, texting on his phone. 

I quickly walked to my first period while texting Amber. This is going to be an interesting day. 

Hey guys thanks for reading this chapter! I hope you enjoyed this plot twist! Though have to give my thanks to @Sollux_Captor222! She gave me the idea of the cult and seer! Thanks again and meant a lot. Don't forget to leave any comments and even tell your friends about my book. Though gets me all excited when even one person reads my chapter ha ha. I am able to write more mainly because it is summer break and I don't have a life. So expect these chapters to come out faster. Also going to try and make these chapters much longer for you readers!  Well I gotta catch some sleep. Night everyone and sleep tight. Or Good Morning or even Good Afternoon.

-ThatGirl712