E L E V E N | I'M IN

THIRD PERSON
EDEN

THIRD PERSONEDEN

||

RULE NINE:
MATHEW AND EDEN WILL NOT FALL IN LOVE

| ONE WEEK LATER |

||

Eden walks around her house in just her bra and a pair of sweatpants as she looks around for her phone.

"Where is that little fucker?" Eden mumbles to herself as she hold her laptop in one hand and flips over a pillow with the other.

"Fuck it, I'll get a new one." Eden sighs as she sets her laptop down on the couch and makes her way over to the kitchen. She then opens up her fridge to grab a bottle of water, and spots her phone in the fridge.

"What?" Eden questions herself. 

As Eden walks out of her kitchen and towards the couch, the doorbell rings and she's quick to change her direction.

"Coming." Eden groans as she makes her way to the door. She doesn't even bother to look for a shirt since Jonah said she's coming over.

When Eden opens up her door, she's greeted with Mathew who's holding a box of pizza, a bundle of roses, and an adidas shoe box.

"He-" Mathew starts, but before he can finish, Eden has already slammed the door on his face.

"He has the audacity to come here, he tried it." Eden mumbles as she begins to make her way back to her laptop to watch some more black mirror episodes on her day off.

"Eds please! Let's just eat, we don't need to talk!" Mathew says as he bangs on the door. Eden then caves in as she sighs as gets up from the couch. 

"Why should I let you in here?" Eden asks from behind the door.

"Because you're my best friend Eds, ever since we were kids." Mathew responds.

"What about the years you never contacted me?" Eden questions.

"Okay that was my fault okay? That was probably the second biggest mistake of my life." 

"What's the first?"

"Letting you down."

Eden then opens up the door with a sigh knowing that he's telling the truth.

"It's been a week, and I've stayed away Eds." Mathew starts. 

"And I need you back." Mathew says making Eden scoff.

"For the deal? I called it off." Eden says shaking her head.

"No, like I need you in my life Eds. You're my best friend." Mathew says, confusing Eden.

"So when you said you loved me, you meant it as friends?" Eden asks a bit disappointed.

"Yeah-no, no I mean I don't know. I don't know." Mathew says as Eden scoffs.

"Of course you don't." Eden says as she crosses her arms across her chest.

"I do love you Eden, and you know what I mean." Mathew says shaking his head.

"No, I really don't. Because when you tell me you love me, I don't know if you mean it as a friend or as more. Because I love you Mathew, more than a frie- you know what, never mind." Eden says as she tries to close her door on Mathew but he pushes through and into her apartment. He then kicks off his shoes and places the gifts onto the coffee table.

"Mat, what-" Eden starts but Mathew is quick to place a long and soft kiss on her lips, this time Eden didn't pull away.

"I love you, more then a friend Eds." Mathew starts after he pulls away from Eden.

"And you love me. We can make this work, okay?" Mathew asks and Eden shakes her head no.

"What about the contract an-"

"Fuck the contract. Fuck the rules. Fuck everything okay? Love shouldn't need a contract, that's just not how it works. Look, I can't promise you a perfect relationship, but I can promise you me. So, you in?" Mathew asks Eden.

"What if we break each other's hearts?" Edens questions as she looks up into Mathew's eyes.

"It would be the greatest honour to get my heart broken by you." Mathew replies.

"Then I'm in." Eden says smiling at the boy in front of her as she connects their lips together once again.

Contracts don't make up what you are, who you're with, or stop you from doing what feels right. They are simply there to keep you on track, but sometimes those tracks need to be broken.

Eden and Mathew didn't follow the rules at all, but they ended up the happiest in the end,

or so you think.

THE END