Chapter 3- Pet

I love writing this story so much, but it's gunna get a little intense for some people soon. I'll mark where it is, and I don't think it'll really effect the story much, so you won't lose anything if you skip it. It's not too bad, but still, I really don't wanna trigger anyone. Anyway, let me know what you think or if I made any mistakes!- A.B.

The memories of my time in the labs or training with Master will always come back to haunt me. But for now, I can only hope I can keep them at bay in my nightmares, because if I let it bother me, I could very well be punished. And I don't know how much more of this I can take.

My training with master didn't seem as bad as the labs at first. He taught me how to read and write well, and also manners and such, never really acting in the way I expected. But once I learned the basics I needed to learn with my intelligence, he had knew lessons for me.

These lessons were so much worse. I should have known better than to think he would be a nice man to me, the collar that remained around my neck should have been a clear enough clue. He had to remind me my place, and to make sure that I would never question it. He had to make sure I would never forget what I truly was....

A dog.

Once my training was "completed" to his standards, I was more terrified of the world than I ever had been before, and apparently the people in this world enjoyed that. He had presented me to many people, in both human and my wolf form. He seemed pleased with the praise he received when his audience saw how "obedient" I was. Though, no matter how much attention I could bring, he had a job to do, and now that it was done, he only had one thing left:

To sell me.

That is where I am now, in the possession of a new master, and waking up from my terrible nightmares once again.

I shake my head, trying to rid myself of the shiver- inducing trauma that is my past. Though, every time I try, they simple take the form of nightmares to revive itself. It had been six months since I finished my training. I didn't know how old I was, because I was never given the opportunity to keep track of time. I knew I was an adult, but that's all I could gather from the rare occasions I was allowed to look at myself in a mirror.

I felt a familiar tingle in neck, signifying that master wanted me present. The collars have changed over the years, advancements in what they can do or what they look like, always making the newer ones more pleasing to master. I couldn't say that I hated the newer ones, they had additions that even benefitted me, like the vibrating setting. It doesn't really hurt and let's me know that I'm wanted, and master likes it because I don't whine when it hurts me.

I stand from my bed, stretching, then shifting into my small, white wolf pup. I never really knew why I never grew any bigger, if it was something they did in the labs, or if it was because my wolf decided it wouldn't be worth it to make himself known to me, both could be a good explanation.

Once fully shifted, I exited the room and walked down the hall to the main living area. I think Master likes me better as a wolf versus a human, sometime he enjoys seeing me in human form, telling me how pretty I am or having me lay around him while he plays with my hair. It makes me uncomfortable, but it's still better than getting the collar turned on. And other times, he gets mad when I'm human, walking away from me and whispering things like, "Can't do this now" or "Have to wait, it's not time yet", so he turns on the collar, sending me jolts of pain until I shift. I don't know his reasoning, but I don't dare question him.

Once I was at the end of the hall, and about to turn the corner into the living, I hesitated, smelling something... off.

I smelled my master, he smelled like ink and some form of alcohol, that was normal, but there was something else. Something woodsy and strong, something about it was so...