Chapter 9- Comfort

What's that? a decent sized chapter and you didn't have to wait two months to get it?! Damn, I'm great, aren't I? 😂 I just had a good chunk of inspiration for this book, so don't be surprised if there are several more updates of this before my other stories (which I'm working on, I promise). This chapter took a little over three hours to write (I've now been awake for 24 straight hours) so imma go pass out 😅 goodnight and enjoy!-A.B.

Louis('s?) POV

"Okay, I know you'd probable love to ask a couple questions right about now, but do you think I could rehook a couple of those things you just took out? Otherwise you're not gunna be feeling to hot real soon." The man in the white coat might be scary looking, even as it sounds like he was trying to soften his tone, but he wasn't lying. Even though I only took the tubes out of my arms minutes ago, I was already feeling sick to my stomach and a little dizzy. Actually, I feel a lot better than I do most of the time, but the pit of fear growing in my stomach definitely wasn't something I enjoyed.

But, somehow, as I looked into these men's eyes, I couldn't be as terrified as I was before.

They don't have that... look.

As someone who's been around many bad people in his life, I know my fair share of evil and malicious people, and yet, somehow I knew these people weren't.

And if they were just going to hurt me, why waste the time to take off my collar? That's the way every other master has used to hurt me the most.

Though there was still a chance that they only took the collar off to put a newer or more "customized" one on, why would they waste the time to bandage my neck? That paired with the concern in their eyes at my pain and their desire to give me more of whatever they had been to make it go away was building up a strong case for them not being bad people.

Or the lab is trying a new way of messing with my head.

That thought caused the slight tremor in my hand to travel to the rest of my body. The doctors would do that, the masters would do that, they all would do that.

What makes them any different?

I shake my head side to side, "N-no."

The doctor looked a little worried, but the other one, likely my new master who hired the doctor, he looked almost saddened at my fear of him, like it physically hurt him. Seeing him look at me like that made my chest ache. My breathing begins to pick up, fear crawling up my spine and making my heart rate quicken.

They already did something, something that messes with my head, something that makes my chest hurt like this.

The rasping sounds of my breathing consumed my hearing to the point were I didn't hear the fast approaching footsteps. I was abruptly wrapped in warm, large arms, and my face pressed closely to the nape of someone's neck. I strait to struggle, my tiny, shaky hands pressing as hard as they can to the man's strong chest in a vain attempt to break free.

"No, ple-please s-stop!" I rasped between gasping breaths.

H-he's gunna hurt me, he's gunna touch m-

"Shhhhh, you're okay." The whisper in my ear made me pause my struggle.

It wasn't commanding and cold like a master's voice would be. They would be embarrassed by my outburst, and annoyed with my lack of training. They would punish me and think nothing of it, but this.