23| the happiness

Asanda | Carly••••••••••••••••••••••••7:21 am

Asanda | Carly
••••••••••••••••••••••••
7:21 am

"OH MY GOSH!"

"Asanda! What the hell? So early in the damn morning?!"

"OH OH MY GOSH!"

"Asanda! Shut the hell up! Some of us are trying to sleep"

"THERE'S NO TIME TO SLEEP. ITS TIME TO CELEBRATE!"

"Would you keep your voice down and tell me what got you so excited?"

"I CAN'T KEEP MY VOICE DOWN REEDS I'M SO HAPPY I COULD CRY!"

"Tell me what made you so happy since you've woken up. Remind me not have a sleepover at your place again"

"..."

"Wait ... are you actually crying?"

"I- I CAN'T HELP IT! I'M -- I'M SO HAPPY!"

"CALM DOWN AND TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED!"

"OKAY! ...I---I...IgotanemailfromwoodlandsandtheyinvitedmetotheirprogramintwomonthscanyoubelieveitIcantbelieveitI'mgonna--"

"Whoa whoa Asa I can't hear a word you're saying. Calm down, take a deep breath"

"..."

"There you go! Now start again"

"Okay... I--I woke up at five and couldn't go back to sleep so I started browsing on my phone... something told me to check my emails and so I did and guess what?!"

"What?"

"I got an email from woodlands inviting me to their exclusive week long program!"

"SHUT UP?!"

"I'm serious! They read my letter and reviewed my high school transcripts and said I have 'very good potential' so they invited me to their program!"

"NO WAY!"

"YES WAY! I can't believe it Carly! After so many months of waiting and almost giving up hope they finally replied!"

"AHHHHH!"

"AHHHHH!"

"I'M SO PROUD OF YOU ASA!"

"..."

"Wipe away those tears Asa, you've got major talent and they would have been stupid not to take you"

"I'm -- I'm so happy"

"I'm happy for you Asa. You deserve it after the crappy days you had"

"... Yeah"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to remind you about it"

"It's okay, I'm not fragile that you try to dodge it. Its inevitable"

"I'm still sorry"

"Its okay"

"When was the last time you spoke to him?"

"...It's been a full week"

"He hasn't called the hotline at all for a week?"

"And why would he Reeds? I basically told him to piss off and never call me again"

"Yeah, that was quite rude of you"

"You think I don't know that Carly?! I've lived with the guilt for the entire week, I didn't mean what I said. I was just frustrated about everything"

"I know. Do you think he's ever gonna call again?"

"No. I know I wouldn't if I was him, I was so horrible to him, I didn't mean a word Reeds"

"I know you didn't"

"I ruined a potential frienship. I ruined things, like I always do"

"Don't say that! That's not true, you may have ruined things with him but that doesn't mean you always do. You're human and humans make mistakes"

"Yeah well... I make more mistakes then normal humans do"

"Stop it Asanda!"

"I'm sorry"

"It's fine. I just hate it when you start saying stuff like that"

"I'm sorry"

"You should have hope Asa, perhaps he may call you again and ask for an explanation to your behavior"

"I lost hope as soon as the third day passed Reeds. He's never gonna call again."

"He really meant that much to you?"

"...Its so complicated Carly, I don't have a clue what's going on. Its like I'm having a war with myself, everything is going so fast I can't seem to control my life anymore"

"Maybe its time you let loose of the control Asa, you know sometimes its okay to let go you know?"

"Yeah no. I prefer having control so that I can know what's going on"

"... Okay, I won't give you a speech this time, all I'm saying is have a little faith and hope not only because of Colton but everything else in your life"

"Okay... I'll try for you"

"No. Not for me, do it for yourself"

"Okay Carly, I'll try for myself"

"Good. Its all I want. Now enough with the deep stuff. How about we get some sleep so that we wake up fresh and celebrate your invitation to woodlands?"

"Sounds like a plan"

Written: 19 March 2018Published: 29 April 2019

Published: 29 April 2019

---691 Words---