56 | the crypic talk

Colton | Asanda
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
9:45pm

"What took you so long?"

"I had doubts to call you. I mean, you're crazy busy plus you're tired as well"

"It doesn't matter Chicken. I still wanna talk to you"

"You like me that much to talk to me even if you're point blank exhausted?"

"...um--yeah? Is that a bad thing? Am I being too clingy even if we aren't dating? Should I--"

"No baby. I --- you just made me ridiculously happy"

"I'm glad. I mean I know I don't want us to date but--"

"You don't have to explain anything princess, I'm just really happy."

"Okay."

"Okay"

"Chicken, tell me your biggest fear"

"I already told you that--"

"No. You're lying and you know it and you know that I know it"

"... Snakes"

"Okay. So I'm being honest with you and all but I don't deserve the same courtesy?"

"Baby..."

"I don't get you. I thought we liked each other enough to be honest but you're lying to me. How are we supposed to build a possible relationship if there's no trust?"

"Death"

"What?"

"My biggest fear. Its death"

"Chicken. We're all going to die someday you know?"

"I know but tomorrow is not promised princess, you never know when you're gonna die"

"I know."

"And even death is not that bad. I'm afraid that I won't have time left to say goodbye to my family because of the messed up relationship I have with them"

"What do you mean?"

"Time is precious baby girl. Remember that"

"You're speaking in riddles Chicken."

"Baby, the relationship I have with my parents isn't pleasant at all. I'm the odd one out of us three, the least liked of all ... I can't talk to my parents without a shouting match insuing between us"

"I'm sorry to hear that"

"Don't be. It's my fault, it always has been. I'm used to it"

"...Chicken--"

"Don't feel sorry for me princess... I'm telling you this because I want you to know how precious time is and to never waste it by not telling the people you love how much you love them..."

"Is there something wrong with you Colton? Why are you speaking like that?"

"I like you so much baby girl"

"I know you do and I like you just as much"

"I've been selfish ... wanting to date you because of my own selfish desires and I realized that my selfish desires could hurt you in the long run and I can't do that to you... not anymore."

"Okay. You're beginning to scare me"

"Forget that I've ever tried to go for you... I like you so much to let you go. It isn't right. Its better that we remain friends"

"What? Chicken--"

"Baby girl its fine"

"Just let me speak! Why the hell are you being so cryptic?"

"Am I? I wasn't trying to be"

"You were. What's wrong Colton?"

"Nothing... How are you doing with the script?"

"You don't get to change the subject Colton. We're talking about this."

"Don't act like you're my girlfriend"

"..."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you"

"Its okay ... just tell me what's wrong..."

"Everything. Everything... is fucken wrong..."

"Are-- are you crying? Colton tell me what's wrong! Is it me? I'm sorry please don't cry. I-- I hate this, you're making me cry!"

"Baby..."

"Colton... you're breaking my heart. Please don't cry. Please...."

"Everything is just so messed up
... Asa and I don't know the reason why I had to be the cause of the problem."

"Colton... tell me ... why"

"I'm going to the hospital for a week"

"What? Why-- Colton--"

*dial tone*

That was deep and I actually shed a tear when I wrote it

That was deep and I actually shed a tear when I wrote it.. I kept imagining how both would react over the line and its pretty heartbreaking.😢😢

Written: 10 April 2018 Published: 03 May 2020

Published: 03 May 2020

---644 Words---