17| the dramatic chicken

Asanda | Colton
••••••••••••••••••••••
1:30 pm

"Chicken?"

"Yes it's me and I'm not going to ask how you know its me"

"You always call at this time"

"That means you know who--"

"Forget it Chicken. Its not gonna be anytime soon"

"You're a hard woman to please baby girl"

"I know and I take pride in that"

"Are we just going to ignore what happened yesterday?"

"What happened yesterday?"

"Oh. So we are going to ignore it"

"Ignore what? I won't know what you mean until you tell me"

"I told you I wanted to take you out on a date and you just hung up on me!"

"Oh that..."

"Yes that! Why did you hang up on me?"

"I didn't even realize I did it until I pressed end call"

"Liar!"

"Why would I lie?"

"You have every reason to lie Asanda. I told you I wanted to take you on a date and you hung up in my face!"

"I'm sorry that was rude of me.."

"Damn right it was! I've never been more insulted in my life when I heard the dial tone. Not even when you said you hated disney and that was pretty insulting"

"Dramatic much?"

"I'm pouring my heart out here. I'm not being dramatic at all"

"Really. It sounds really dramatic to me"

"Don't change the subject Asanda, why did you hang up? If I'm being honest, that kind of hurt me"

"...I... look... I was surprised and I did the first thing I thought about which was hanging up... Colton--"

"Oh uh.. you called me Colton that's not good at all"

"Its your name though"

"You always call me Chicken and now you--- you know what? Forget it. Carry on"

"...okay... We hardly know each other and you want to take me on a date?"

"We are getting to know each other now right? And in two months we'll be practically bffs"

"--Bffs?"

"Yes bffs. In two months we will know each other pretty well right?"

"Right..."

"And that means that I can take you on a date"

"... I'm not ready for a relation--"

"We don't have to necessarily date although I don't oppose to that... I want us to meet, it can be a date between two friends"

"Colton... I don't know. I like this anonymity between the two of us, its like a wall and its comfortable for me, so to break that would be... weird. Do you get it?"

"I don't get it and I don't wanna get it. So far the past few days of us talking has been amazing Asanda ... this might be deep but you don't know how much you've helped me since you've been talking to me. I'm a messed up guy and just talking to you... has been amazing and refreshing, like a breath of fresh air"

"Um..."

"You don't have to respond Asa. I just wanted to tell you that. Please babygirl, I want to see the face behind the beautiful voice"

"...Um... Colton-- Uh... you're putting me in a tight spot here"

"I'm sorry, that's not my intention. Just think about it yeah?"

"...."

"....please?"

"Sigh...fine, I'll think about it"

"That's all I want baby girl, anyway let's talk about your first disneycation lesson"

141 Reads so far? I love it. It may not seem like much but its something, thank you so much!

Written: 17 March 2018
Published: 25 September 2018

---571 Words---