Chapter 11- Time Heals Wounds

**8 Months Later**

**Zack**

I took a deep breath as Looked myself over in the mirror. Today was the day, the most important day of my life. Looking down at the wedding ring, I smiled as I realized Shannon and I were about to come one. Despite all the drama of the past we were finally getting married. I was about to embark on the journey of a lifetime, and I had the perfect woman by my side. My Shannon, my world, my best friend. I was snatched away from my thoughts as my dad placed his hand on my shoulder. We smiled and he said, "Its time." Nodding I followed him out to the foyer of the church. He hugged me, and said, "Despite all the difficulties you and Shannon have proved to the world that no one is going to come in between the two of you. Son just continue to keep the love between you to AMD always keep communicating. Hold your head up, and continue to protect this woman, because she is rare breed my son." I hugged him again as some song started to play. Shannon's mom was escorted in, and then mine, then me. I watced as all the eyes in the room were on me. I smiled and wave politely, and took my spot down at the altar. As music played the bridal party came in Blake my best man, escorted Misha the maid of honor. As they all came forward, and smile came across my face as Emma in her white and purple dress came down the aisle throwing flowers for my bride to come down. Emma was beautiful her eyes were bright and happy, and she skipped perfectly covering the floor in flowers. She stopped up front, and ran over to me and hugged my leg tightly. Bending down I kissed her cheek, and she ran back to the opposite line with the women. My eyes snapped to the backdoor as the bridal march began to play. I nearly wanted to run to her, but I kept myself in that spot. She always said she wanted a princess dress and that's exactly what she looked like. Her white dress was fitted to her bodice, it then went out all poofy like Cinderella. Her dad kissed her cheek, and he mumbled something that made her laugh, he then turned her over to me.  The urge to kiss her took over my body, but I was able to fight it. We took each others hand while the pastor talk I don't know what he was saying because I was too busy looking at Shannon out the corner of my eye. Shannon had a smirk on her face, but quickly changed as the pastor called her name. "Shannon Montgomery do you take Zackary to be your husband? To have and to hold? Love and cherish until death do you part?" Shannon looked me deep in my eyes and said, "I do." She smiled ear to as I placed the ring on her finger. I rubbed her hand sweetly and she blew a kiss at me. I broke out of our gaze as the pastor turned to me and said, "Zackary Johnson do you take Shannon as your wife? To have and to hold? To love, cherish, and protect til death do your part?" Smiling big, I said, "I do." He pronounced us husband and wife and told me I could kiss my bride. Shannon AMD I didn't kiss immediately. we stared at each other and then we both leaned in and kissed each other. I put my hands on either side of her face, and deepened the kiss. We turned to the crowd who we're all cheering and saying congratulations.

We ran to the back to get ready for our reception.  We first had to take photos that seemed to take forever. As we got into the back seat of a white Bentley, I took Shannon's had and placed it in mine. She was my wife. I had waited so long to be able to call her my wife, and I was glad that the day had finally come.

As we arrived at the venue for the reception, Shannon stopped me and said, "I just want you to know how proud I am to call you my husband. You have shown me that you are here for me a d to protect me."

"I will always protect you. Though I have shown up late on your defense before, I still protect you. I love you too much to every lose you Mrs. Johnson," I said kissing her forehead. It was the first time that I had said that. She smiled and replied, "And I love you Mr. Johnson, but its not just your job to protect me. I protect you too."

We entered the ballroom where everyone was waiting on us. I held on to Shannon's hand tightly. she looked up to me sweetly, and placed a kiss on my cheek. As she pulled away someone said, "Introducing for the first time Mr. & Mrs. Zackary Johnson." Shannon and k waltz into the room, and for the first time I was the one to stop and was taken back by the scenery. There had to be over 400 Candles covering this ballroom. It was beyond beautiful. Shannon gave me a slight tug, and my feet started moving again. we took a seat at a table, and every was served dinner. As we finished eating Shannon excused herself. She was followed by some of the women who got her dressed. Maybe she had to pee, and I knew there was no way she was going to be able to do it alone.