Chapter 2- Reveal

**Zack**

I was sleeping peacefully until I heard glass shatter in the kitchen. Sitting straight up in the bed, I noticed that Shannon wasn't there, and she could potentially be in danger. Grabbing my Beretta 84FS, I stepped out of the bedroom, and I tiptoed into the kitchen. As I pointed the gun at the unknown assailant, the gun caused Shannon to scream, and drop a wineglass. Putting the gun down on the island, I hugged her, and apologized. Looking at me confused she asked, "What the hell was that Zack? You almost gave me a heart attack!"

"Sorry I just heard glass break, and you weren't in the bed, so I didn't know what the hell was going on."

"Yeah I stubbed my toe on the island, and dropped a damn wine glass. Then you scared the shit out of me, and made me drop another one," she explained grabbing the broom and the mop.

After we cleaned up the mess in the kitchen, Shannon went to shower then she came to bed. I pulled her into my arms, and kissed her forehead. I could do this forever. Shannon made me so happy. Everything we had been through, only made us a stronger couple, and made our bond to one another, that much more amazing. I started to drift off when I realized that Shannon had been drinking. Shannon stopped drinking a year ago.

The stress that she dealt with in high school had turned her into an alcoholic, and Shannon promised herself that she wouldn't drink anymore, after she almost drove her car off of a cliff. Tapping her shoulder I asked, "Baby, it's been a year since you last drank, what made you drink the wine tonight?"

"Michelle and Blake didn't break up because of the distance. Blake broke up with her, because she was fucking around with Chance."

"Chance? Chance as in rapist Chance? How could she do that knowing what he did you?"

"That's not the worst of it. She's been dating Chance. She knew that Chance raped me, and she knew that he was going to do it."

"Babe is you sure? That's a lot to be saying about your best friend, " I asked stroking her side. Shannon turned to face me, and said flatly, "I heard it myself."

"What do you mean you heard it yourself? She told you?"

"No. I went to her house to confront her, but when I got there the door was wide open. So I went back to my car to get my gun, fearing that something bad had happened to her. I searched the house, and when I went to search her bedroom she was in there talking. So I just stood at the door."

"Why didn't you go in?"

"I was about to until I heard Hilary's voice."

"Hilary? Hilary as in my stepmother Hilary? What the hell is going on?"

"Yes I think they are in cahoots together to get rid of me. Hilary is basically blackmailing Michelle, but that doesn't excuse the façade she has been putting up for years."

"I don't believe this. This is some crazy shit. What the hell does Hilary have to do with this?"

"I don't know, but I do know when Michelle said that your dad wouldn't go back to her, Hilary slapped the taste out of her mouth."

"My dad would never talk to her after everything she's done. "

"But that's not all babe," Shan said breaking eye contact with me.

I looked at her confusingly, and pulled her chin down, so that we were looking at each other. I could see the tears pooling up in her eyes, and I just pulled her closer to me. Soft sobs escaped her lips, and then she said, "Chance is out." Pulling her away from my chest, I looked at her as if she had spoken another language. "What did you say?"