Chapter 4- History Repeats Itself

**Shannon**

A couple of weeks had passed after the proposal and dinner interruption. My level of happiness was too high for me to let Hilary bring me down. She had to be escorted out of the restaurant, because she tried to start with Zack and I. She came over to our table and went bananas. Zack asked for her to leave after she didn't the owner literally had them throw her out. While leaving she wanted about how we were making a mistake and that our kind don't mix. The same ignorant bullshit she's being spewing out since we first met each other.

Zack and I are flying to Louisiana this weekend for an engagement party. My mother cried when she found out about the engagement, and it was good to see her in such a great mood. The only thing that brought me down was that I couldn't tell Michelle. I could, but it wouldn't be the same. We had planned for the day that Zack proposed to me. How I would call her the moment I got home, or how we would plan the wedding with me. We even planned that she would be my maid of honor, but that definitely is out of the window. I know longer had a best friend, so that means no maid of honor.

I woke up with Zack's arms around me, looking down at my finger; a smile came across my face. It pulled at my heart to know that Zack thought that I was special enough to have his mother's ring. It meant a lot to him, and that meant it meant a lot to me. Zack held on tighter as I tried to slip out of his arms. It was game day, and I had to get dressed before class. Maneuvering my way from his arms, I placed a pillow where I was once laying. I let out a giggle when I saw Zack snuggle up closer to it. I stood and watched him for another moment before I went to the bathroom.

Standing in the middle of the bathroom, I debated on what to do. The bathtub looked so cozy that I could just take a bubble bath, but I know that I would be in it forever. The shower with its double heads would wake me up from my drowsiness. Deciding to shower I let my hair loose from the rubber band, and let it bounce onto my shoulders. Turning on the shower I let the hot water run down my back, over my butt, and down my legs. I turned the shower radio on and sung along to what was playing on the radio. Putting my head under the faucet, I let the water wet my hair, and warm my scalp.

As I was rinsing the soap out of my hair, I felt a hand in my hair that made me jump, and hit the shower wall. After wiping the shampoo from my eyes, I turned to see a concerned Zack reaching to grab me. With my hand over my heart, I asked, "Why do you always insist on scaring the hell out of me?"
"Ha-ha, sorry babe, I asked could I join you, but you were too busy singing that you didn't hear me I guess."
"So that meant sneak in here, and scare me into hitting my head on the wall?"
"No that was an accident. I saw you rinsing your hair, and decided that I wanted to help you like you help me when I wash mines."
"Oh how sweet, but next time please tap my shoulder honey," I said sticking my head back under the showerhead.

Zack massaged my scalp as he washed my hair, causing soft moans to escape my lips. After we finished we washed up, taking turns washing each other's back, and then drying each other off. I stayed in the bathroom a little longer as I blow-dried my hair. I had two hours before I had to leave for class, so I had to hurry with my hair. Sitting down at my vanity, I began flat ironing my hair. As I reach the middle of my head, the smell of bacon bombarded my nose. Before I could go search, Zack came into the room, and placed the plate on the table. Kissing my cheek, he said, "I gotta go babe, see you at the game. Love you."
"Love you too Zack. Thanks for breakfast," I said kissing his lips. As he was leaving the room, I spanked his rear end, causing him to yelp, and turn around and stare at me. Turning back to my hair, I heard him say, "I'll get you later." I laughed, and continued on with my hair.

As I finished I parted my hair, so that the top of my hair was in a ponytail, and the rest hung down past my shoulders. After pulling on my uniform on, I observed myself in the full body mirror. The orange, black, and white uniform looked nice on me. Unlike high school where we didn't show skin, or uniforms stopped mid-stomach, and are skirts were a tad bit shorter. Some days we were shorts instead, but not today. Grabbing my bag I headed out the door. I still had forty-five minutes before I had to go to class, but I didn't want to be running to class.