9: he smiled

towards the end of every month, i visit my grandma in the senior homes. she's pretty much the only family member i have, because my parents died in a car crash when i was younger. after i graduated high school, i wanted to live with her still but she insisted that i moved out to learn how to be independent. i wouldn't be an instagram model or stylist if it wasn't for her. she loves colors as much as i do.

i'm shopping with my grandma and starmi at a farmer's market. i haven't seen starmi in so long, so i update what's been happening in my life.

"wait so, hoseok and taehyung are dating now?" she whispers as my grandma looks through the fruits. i don't know why she decides to whisper, probably because my grandma isn't very fond with drama.

"mhm." i reply, holding an apple. "it's only been 4 days."

"aww how you holding up, sweetie?" starmi rubs my back. she doesn't joke about it, she has known that i've liked hoseok for so long, after all.

"i'm okay." i smile at her. "it is going to be hard though, but i'll try my best."

"what's going to be hard? styling for hoseok?" halmeoni buds into the conversation.

"no, i was talking about something else, halmeoni." i try to swat the topic away.

"it's okay if you tell me. i've always been interested in drama, thanks to starmi." she replies. she looks at me and smiles, wrinkles grow deeper on her face.

she's so cute, i love how curious she is.

"halmeonim," starmi starts it off. of course she wants to be the one to tell her. "bomi is in a love triangle."

"it's not a love triangle, star." i roll my eyes. "i'm not even involved at all."

"but you're still in love with someone?" halmeoni questions. "who is it? from bts right?"

i clear my throat. "yeah, it's hoseok...i just like him though, i'm not in love."

i think.

we walk into the fish section of the market.

"ooh, that should be very easy for you to get him then, you're his stylist!" halmeoni nudges me. she's so old that she hunches her back all the time, yet she's so energetic when it comes to the topic of love.

"hoseok is with someone else, halmeonim." starmi states the situation.

"ohh," halmeoni nods and then, as expected, she frowns, "who's this girl and how is she better than my sonnyeo?"

"she's a he, first of all, and he's kim taehyung." i say with a straightforward tone. i ask the worker for four mackerels, as my grandma stands there surprised.

i grab the bag as we walk to the spice section.

"who is kim taehyung?" halmeoni finally asks. the fact that she doesn't know him makes me laugh. what? i need to laugh at something once in awhile.

"he's the hottest member in bts." starmi swoons. i shake my head, she doesn't hide her thirst from anyone.

"oh really? show me a picture." halmeoni says. i roll my eyes, but i still smile at how invested she is.

and taehyung is not the hottest member in bts, he may have a perfect face, but he's not the hottest.

"halmeoni, do i get gochujang or gochutgaru?" i look at the chili paste and powder. she wanted to make jorim for dinner.

she doesn't answer.

"halmeoni." i call her but she still doesn't respond. i turn around and see my grandma looking at starmi's phone screen.