OPHELIA: CHAPTER FIVE

"Ophelia Jane, is that really you?" Mathew's shaky voice asked her. "In the flesh." She said and he smiled. "Would it be inappropriate of me to hug you?" He asked and she shook her head no. He engulfed the small blonde in his arms and engulfed her and all of her beauty.

His Ophelia was in his arms. Ophelia Jane Williams. The love of his life. Who still doesn't know it. It occurred to him that he never told her he loved her on that rainy March afternoon.

He released her from his arms but placed his hands on her forearms, looking her over. "It's really you. You're the girl I knocked over in the street." He said and she nodded. "The hair looks great by the way." He told her and she smiled. The last time he saw Ophelia, she was a brunette.

"Mathew, I'm not the same Ophelia. I'm not the girl you remember. I have a lot to explain and I would like to explain but I just don't think this is the time and place for it. I'd actually like if we could talk, more than you would think considering I got up and left without saying anything. How about I give you my number and we meet up somewhere whenever you're free? I'm almost always free." She told him and he nodded. He didn't care where they were or when it was, he just wanted to see her.

"That's perfectly fine, Ophelia." He told her and they exchanged numbers. "I'm really happy to see you, Ophelia. You have no idea how much I've missed you." He told her and she smiled.

"I miss you a hell of a lot more than you think I would."

He shook his head. "Ophelia, something clearly happened that was bad if you picked up and left without telling me." He told her and she nodded. "Ya, I don't want to tell you here. A lot has happened in these past few years since I've seen you. I'm different though, Mathew. I've been heartbroken. I've had my world flipped upside down and right side up and back down hundreds of times." She told him.

"And as your best friend, I'm making it my mission to make sure your world always stays right side up and that your heart is never broken again."

But little did she know, Mathew didn't just want to be her best friend.

Her best friend was in love with the girl who didn't think she could ever be loved again.