OPHELIA: CHAPTER ELEVEN

Ophelia did something she never thought she'd do.

She leaned in and kissed Mathew, hard. Mathew was startled for a second, but melted into the kiss and kissed her back harder. The people in the Starbucks were staring at them, but neither of them seemed to notice as the two felt like they were the only two people in the room. Ophelia pulled away, much to Mat's dismay, and grabbed his hand.

"I love you, Mat. I have for a long time. But I'm just not sure if I'm ready to be in a relationship. Please, I really want you to find someone better than me. There's someone out there who can love you even more than I do, if that's even possible. Someone who can always be there for you and not just like a burden." She told him and he shook his head.

"I'm gonna be here for you for the rest of your life. I want to grow old with you, Ophelia Jane. You're the love of my life. You're no burden. I would do anything for you. I hate to break it to you, but I'm not leaving you." He joked and she smiled.

"If that's what you want, I suppose it won't be so terrible." She said. Mathew stood up and held his hand out for her, which she gladly took.

"Wanna know a secret?" Mathew said as he they walked through Central Park, smiling. "Sure, Mat." Ophelia responded. "I love youuuu." He told her and she gasped. "Gee, I had no idea." She smiled. He looked at her and smiled, thinking she was the most beautiful human being he'd ever seen.

Ophelia and Mat had stopped walking now, and they were standing on the empty sidewalk, staring at each other. "I can't take it anymore." Mathew murmured and leaned in, kissing her softly.

"I love you, Ophelia Jane. And I will do everything in my power to make sure you never forget that."

(a/n): they're finally together!!! honestly so sorry for the lack of updates on here, i've had terrible writers block. don't forget to check out my other books, Never Be The Same (William Nylander), NHL Imagines, and Prince Charming (Brock Boeser) :)