OPHELIA: CHAPTER FOURTEEN

The offseason had come and gone. Mat went to World Championships and got a gold medal, Mat and Ophelia went back to Coquitlam where they grew up. Ophelia hadn't been back since she had moved. They went on vacation to Hilton Head Island in South Carolina. But the most exciting part for both of them was Boots and Hearts. Mat and Ophelia had been talking about going to Boots and Hearts together since they were in junior high.

"This is gonna be the best weekend of our life." Ophelia said as she shoved their last bag in the trunk. She leaned in and gave him a kiss, and Mat hopped in the driver's seat, Ophelia in the passenger seat. Ophelia turned on the Aux and started playing her country playlist, to get them in the mood. All On Me by Devin Dawson played from the speakers and they both sang along as the drove through the country, on the way to the music festival.

The 2 had arrived and Ophelia was buzzing happiness. She grabbed Mathew's hand and drug him along the grounds, eager to see the first artist. They had just gotten there and Ophelia had already pulled Mat into the concession to get each of them a beer. "It's 5 o'clock somewhere." She shrugged and they clinked bottles.

Mat had found some of his buddies and some of them had brought their girlfriends too. Ophelia was usually shy, but she was already tispy so she had no problem telling them everything that they did and didn't want to know. The first day of the festival had gone by like a blur, and Ophelia was having the time of her life. Mat was having fun too, but he had already gone a few times so it wasn't so surreal to him.

The last act of the night was Florida Georgia Line. Mat and Ophelia both loved them dearly, and they were both so excited. They were in the front row, and Ophelia screamed so loudly when she saw Brian's braids come out from behind the curtain and him and Tyler walked on stage. Anything Goes started playing. "Alabama on the boombox, baby! Bout to get a little boondock crazy!" They both yelled and danced along.

Florida Georgia Line was amazing, and when the beginning chords of "H.O.L.Y." started playing, Ophelia had already started tearing up. It was one of her all time favorite songs, and Mathew sang it to her often. It was their song. Mathew smiled at her and the 2 began slow dancing to the song. "When the sun had left, and the winter came, and the sky fell, to only bring the rain, I sat in darkness. All broken hearted." Tyler serenaded the crowd, but to the two of them it felt like they were the only two people in the world. All they ever needed was each other, after all.

"You're the healing hands, where it used to hurt, you're my saving grace, you're my kinda church, you're holy." Tyler finished the song and Mat sang the whole song in Ophelia's ear. Tears were streaming down her face as the two slow danced to their favorite song, in the middle of the music festival that the two had been planning to go to together since they were kids. "Can you believe that we ended up here. I thought I would never see you again." Ophelia said to Mathew as FGL sang Sippin On Fire. "Ophelia, I would have found you. If I never saw you again, I would lose my mind. I would die alone if I didn't end up with you." He told her and she blushed.

"You really know how to make a girl feel loved, Barzal." She told him and he smiled. "It's my goal in life to suffocate you with my love." He said and smiled cheesily. She wrapped him in a hug and they swayed back and forth to the music.

Neither had ever been happier. They were in the loves of their lives arms, listening to their favorite band at Boots and Hearts. Nothing could ever make the two happier. And as Ophelia sang along, Mathew just watched the beautiful girl dance. She was the girl he wanted to marry.

And he smiled when he knew she thought that way too.

(A/N): that's the end! I have adored writing this book. I love Ophelia's character and their story. I love Barzy too :) I hope you guys liked this book, thank you for all the support on it! If you liked this book, I have others!

Prince Charming; Brock Boeser
NHL Imagines
Never Be The Same; William Nylander

and 2 baseball books in the making ;)

Thank you all for the love and support on this book! I hope you guys enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it :)