Reaper Arc: Episode VI- Fear Itself

Helios is lying on the floor bleeding. "Helios, The Embodiment of Anger," says Reaper, "you think your anger is your greatest strength. The truth is it leaves you vulnerable..." He turns his right hand into a blade and charges at Helios, "...making it real easy to do something like this!" Everyone is caught off guard when Felix teleports in the way of the attack and stops it with his bare hands. "Spark?" questions Helios, "Spark saved me? But why? He knows how dangerous I am, doesn't he?" Reaper simply grins and knocks Felix down. Vanitas, Lux, Naku and Mist try to help, but are quickly pushed back. "You never had a chance of beating me Felix," says Reaper as he repeatedly steps on his face, "...and it's not because you have some power you can't control. It's because of who we are. You're a kid who's always been too afraid to stand up for himself, afraid of his own emotions, trying to stand up to a man who grows stronger from feeding off of fear! Fear is the most powerful emotion in a human's heart! Plus, I, like your new friends over here, was born from a heart that yearned for pure chaos. I am literally a child of discord! How else could this have possibly ended?! You all should have continued surrendering to fear, but if you're in such a rush to die, who am I to make you wait?!" Reaper starts taking on a new form his body is immersed in a shadow so dark that all that can be made out from it is the glow from his red eyes. His right hand morphs into a shadowy scythe and his spikes up. He releases an aura so powerful, the others are paralyzed in fear. "Now who to kill first..."

Dante is starting to tire from his battle. Arsene takes the opportunity to pin him down, making him drop his sword. "Is the best the leader of the 12 Staffs of Order can do? I have to say, this is far below what I expected."

"Don't underestimate us. The world relies on us to keep magical order for a reason..." Dante's sword flies back, stabbing Arsene in the back. "Flash!" Dante's eyes emit a bright light that stuns Arsene. He grabs his sword and light glows all over him. "Sun Blade Armor!" Upon wearing the shining gold armor, Dante's speed increases dramatically, as Arsene can no longer keep up. Now he has Arsene pinned against a wall, "There's one thing I just don't get. What is Raven's Eye offering you that's worth killing an innocent kid and plunging the world in fear?"

"I could explain it to you, but I'm afraid you just wouldn't understand, darling." He kicks Dante back and teleports away. Dante angrily searches the halls for him. "Get back here, we're not done yet!"

Reaper turns to Felix, "Hmm- Oh, I've got it now! Since, you're the one who made this all possible, you should die first. Goodbye, Felix." To everyone's surprise, Reaper is blindsided by Mia at the last minute. Ken zooms in after her. "Ken, how'd you get in here?" Mia asks. Ken scratches his head, "I honestly have no idea. Hey, is that Felix? What's wrong with him?"

"He and these other personalities have all been paralyzed by fear." Mia focuses her magic energy, "Give me a second to try and break them out." Ken instead walks over to Felix and hugs him, "Felix, on our way over here, we ended up getting lost through your memories. We know why you're like this. You don't have to be afraid of your emotions. The key is to not let them take over. The best part, you don't have to do it alone," he glances over at Mia, "we're here. So are Skylar, Violet and everyone else. If Arashi was with us right now, he'd agree. So snap out of this okay?" The dark aura around Felix and the other children of discord disappeared. Felix looks at Ken and Mia and hugs them, tears running down his face.

"This isn't over yet," says Reaper, getting back up, "I'm still stronger than the rest of you combined!" He charges at again at Felix, who is calm this time, "Thanks, guys. I can take it from here, now." Reaper's attack surprisingly leaves Felix unfazed. "The only reason you had any strength before was because you fed off of my fears and anxieties. But as long as I remember my friends are with me, I don't really have anything to be afraid of, do I?" Reaper attacks Felix again, but his attacks are either dodged or met with counter-strikes. "Great, Felix, just like I taught you." cheers Ken. Felix takes his hands and charges his strongest Lightning spell, "After all these years, I'm finally around people who care about me, who'll accept me the way I am- they'll love me no matter what, and no one will ever take me away from them!" Felix finally fires, "Lightning...Ion...Beam!" As Reaper is enveloped in the attack his new form burns up, reverting to an even weaker-looking version of him, "Y-you can't get rid of me. I-"