Chapter 14

Malia’s Pov

We separated when the doctor came in with two police officers behind him, one male and one female, and I felt Wally re-grab my hand.

“We need to take your statement about what happened,” the female officer said as they both came to the end of my bed.

“Your friend has to leave,” the male officer added, without looking up from his notepad.

“He can stay. I want him to stay,” I said as I tightened my grip on Wally’s hand, who returned it.

“Okay, Malia, just tell us what you remember,” the female officer said.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes as I began to tell them what had happened.

“I had just pulled up to the mall when …..”

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“That should be all for now, we’ll stay in touch,” the male officer said as he and his partner left.

I held my head as Wally rubbed my back, but we both looked up when the curtain was pulled aside and my doctor and Mr. and Mrs. Kent walked in.

“Oh God Malia, thank God you’re alright. We were so worried about you. Mrs. Kim is finishing up some things before she comes over,” Mrs. Kent cried as she rushed over and pushed Wally off to the side, and ran her hand over my hair.

“Oh, don’t worry Mrs. Kent, I’m alright.” I said as the doctor came closer.

“Were going to move her to a private room in a few minutes but first I need you to fill out some paper work,” the doctor said.

I smiled at Mrs. Kent as she and Mr. Kent followed the doctor out and glanced back at Wally who was standing near the corner, but came back up to me once we were again alone.

“I have to go do some things, but I’ll stop by again to see you, he said as he bent down and gave me a hug.

“K.”

I watched him leave and once her left I sighed and reached up to rub at my eyes before rolling over.

Wally’s Pov

“How is she?” Emily asked the minute I walked into the meeting room.

“She seems fine, which is what worries me,” I answered.

“So what’s going on?” I asked.

“Mike went after the rogues and managed to kill one while Donny took care of Malia,” Damion said from his spot on the couch.

“Where’s the other rogue? He got away?” I questioned as I started to feel pure hot rage start to take over.

“We have him in a holding cell,” Jason said from across the room.

We were all quiet while I looked down and tried to get my anger in control. I released my hands from the fists they were clenched into and looked up and straight into Damion’s eyes.

“Let him go but have the pack keep him on the reserve. Nobody touches him but me,” I growled as I turned and stalked out the door and shifted and ran into the woods.