Remember Me as Vivid as I Was, Please Don't Forget Me Chapter 5

"So... You ready?" Kid asked. I looked at him through my bangs.

"With your hands, show me how long you and Noel have been on your own." he said.

Slowly I raised both my hands with all my fingers up. His jaw dropped.

"How old are you?" he asked. I held my hands up and then put six fingers up. My throat began to ache.

"You've been on your own since you were six? Why?" he asked. I turned completely away from him and laid my head on the window. Just a couple more hours. I closed my eyes and let myself sleep.

I woke up on something soft and warm. I opened my eyes and looked up to see a sleeping Kid. I saw that I was on his shoulder and sat up. I looked out the window and could see Big Ben. We were here.

I shook Kid. He shot up and looked confused. I pointed out the window and showed him we were here. The flight attendant told everyone to buckle up and sit their seats up straight. We all waited patiently to get off.

Since we really only had carry ons it was fast to get out.

"So... Uh... Anyone know where to find a hotel or something?" asked Liz. Noel looked at me and I rolled my eyes. I began walking.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Liz called out. I ignored her and kept walking. Soon they all began following me. I led them to a hotel that's was cheap but good.

We got two rooms. It was me, Noel, Kid, Soul, and Maka in one room and Black Star, Tsubaki, Liz, and Patty in the other.

I changed out of my clothes into a pair of sweats and a loose band tee and wiped my makeup off.

"You like The Used?" Soul asked interested. I nodded and sat in my bed that I was sharing with Maka.

"What's your favorite song?" he asked me.

"On My Own. That's her favorite." Noel answered for me.

I got under the covers to show that I was going to bed. Soul stopped asking me questions and began talking with the others. I laid with my back turned to the others for a long time. My ears perked up at a certain conversation.

"How did Shadow know where to find this hotel?" asked Maka.

"She grew up here. This is were we met actually." Noel said.

"Why'd she leave?" Maka asked interestedly.

Noel hesitated to answer this.

"Bad memories..." he sighed. "When she was six she... She saw her parents get killed right in front of her... They were slaughtered by a Kishin..." Noel answered their unspoken question.

"That's horrible... Is that why she doesn't speak anymore?" she asked.

"Yeah... She feels like it's her fault they died. But I keep telling her it isn't her fault, there was nothing she could have done anyway... She was six." Noel replied.

"I don't see how that makes her not talk to others." Soul said.

"I don't know her reasoning about that... All I know is that you need to gain her full trust for her to speak to you. Even after five years she still barely talks to me." Noel told them.

"That's horribly depressing. This really does explain why she got upset when Soul asked if she was excited to come here... Let's all go to bed, we have a Kishin to find." Kid told the others.

Kid slept on the extra bed, Soul on the sofa and Noel on the lounging chair. I felt the bed shift as Maka got in the bed. I turned my face into the pillow so she could see the tears going down my face.

It was hard to sleep. Not here in this place. I slipped out of bed and went out onto the balcony. I stared down at the colorful city. It angered me how pretty it looked.

"Can't sleep?" Asked Kid, making me jump. "Me either."

He walked next to me and looked at the  city. He took a deep breath and I took a quick glance at him.

"You weren't asleep, were you?" he asked turning to face me. I nodded slowly.

"I wouldn't be able to sleep if my father was slaughtered here either. I'm really sorry about that..." he mumbled. I turned away and wiped away a tear.

"Just try and get some sleep, we have to stay focused for tomorrow." he said heading inside. I followed him and crawled into the bed. He was right, I couldn't be distracted if we encountered the Kishin.

I walked back in the the room and got on the bed. I took a quick glance and everyone and then laid down and fell asleep.

Like always I dreamt about that horrible night and me losing Noel, this time it had everyone else in the dream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I thought you guys should know a little more about Shadow since she is the main character. I'm trying to make these longer and realized I haven't used all the characters that much and am working on it. Remember to Rate/Vote/Comment/Favorite/Fan!