If FMA were REAL! 5

"No, no, no, dear alchemist. I'm afraid that's all you get for the toll you've paid." The voice snickered.

I pressed my palms to the ancient wood door.

"I was so close. I almost had it. The answer to human transmutation. Please, just a little more. Just a little farther, and then I’ll know the truth. Our transmutation wasn’t wrong, it was just incomplete." I beamed, but my hopeful smile quickly fell. "Wait. Toll?" I turned around.

But there was nothing there. Instead, I was surrounded by pure white. As far as the eye could see and beyond, there was nothing but empty space. I looked around when out of the whiteness; I saw a figure, surrounded by specks of black. It was shaped like a human but was clearly not. The strange part was that, although outlined in darkness, it was pure white like the rest of this place. It had no eyes or nose but it had an eerie grin, stretching from one side of its head to the other. It barred white molars.

"T-toll?" I repeated.

It chuckled; its low snicker became an insane laugh that set chills up my spine. By its voice, I guessed it was male. But if it wasn’t human, what was it?

"You know the laws, do you not, dear alchemist?"

Laws? My mouth moved on its own. "Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return."

"Very good. You know the first and most vital law of alchemy." If possible, his grin widened.

"Y-yeah. But what do you mean by 'toll'?"

He didn’t have any eyes, but i saw his head dip down slightly so he seemed to be looking at my left leg. Then more pain came.

At first it was like a numb sting. But the numbness quickly wore off revealing a burning ache, spreading up my left leg to my thigh. I screeched in agony. My arms flew down to hold my leg, and hopefully, relieved some of the pain. My hands hit something wet and warm. I looked down. The picture was blurry because of hot tears now streaming down my cheeks, but I could clearly see that my leg was gone. I fell to the ground in a heap. Blood splattered its perfectly white surface.

I was sure I was going to bleed to death, and was just about ready to give in to the icy grip of death, when pain racked my right arm. The same numb feeling swam over my whole body, making me nauseous. I gagged uncontrollably. Blood splattered my face, and I knew my arm was gone.

My vision flickered. This had all happened so fast, that my mind couldn’t comprehend any of it. I thought I heard the white creature begin to say something, but was quickly cut off by a girly squeal.

Suddenly, I was staring at green. Green grass. I looked up. I was back in the park. Back in reality, I was still running. Wait. Running? I looked down as two legs moved swiftly over dead leaves. That’s right, TWO legs. I lifted my right hand to my face. And what do you know? It was a hand! An ACTUAL HAND!!! I nearly laughed with joy, when I felt something soft and warm touch my back.

My eyes widened in fear. A glimpse of small black hands wrapping around my ankles and wrists appeared in my mind. My knees buckled and I tumbled forward. As I was about to hit the ground large arms wrapped around me and pulled me into the air.

THE HANDS! THEY HAVE ME! I thought, petrified, as I squeezed my eyes shut.

I was cradled in the arms a second later. Like a baby. Maybe it was a fangirl? No, girls don’t have arms like this. I peeked an eye open, and looked to the ground.

A pale girl with short brown hair and cherry colored glasses stared at me, and whoever was holding me. She had her arm stretched out. So SHE pushed me. Next to her, on the damp grass, lay a red and black binder. In white ink it read; Tiger Star. Was that really her name? Her parents must hate her. I saw a blush slowly creep up her cheeks. I recognized her as the tall girl from earlier that had been watching that…interesting (disturbing) skit.  I opened my other eye and looked up, curious as to whom my captor was.