Chapter 21: Please Don't Forget

"What the hell?" someone yelled.

     We both pulled out of our kiss and looked up to see Jack J. walking towards us.

     "Do you know how long we've been looking for you? Everyone's out looking for you! Did you not get our calls? Cameron called and texted you like 10 times! He's so pissed, man. Let's go! Hurry!" Jack rather sounded like a worried mom than a pissed off friend.

     "I'm sorry man...I just..I..I forgot," Nash apologized as he stood up and looked at me. "Come on," he said and started to walk after Jack, and I followed.

     Jack had his phone to his ears as he walked. "Yeah I found him, let the others know," he spoke into his phone. He led us to where Cameron and the rest of them parked their cars. By the time we got there, all the guys were already in their cars waiting for Nash and Jack. Nash and I stopped in front of the three parked cars.

     "What about my stuff?" Nash asked Jack.

    "Cam already loaded all of your stuff in. Now get in," Jack slid into the car that Cameron was waiting to drive and closed the door after him.

     I turned towards Nash and nodded as I he took both of my hands. I looked down at our hands and noticed how they didn't fit together perfectly, but still looked like they were meant for each other. 

     "Please don't forget," I told him still looking down at our hands.

     "It would be impossible to forget," he replied as he used his fingers to raise my face up. We kissed again.

     I guess this was it. The last kiss. The last touch. I made sure I felt every last touch of his lips with mine. I made sure to live in that moment. I made sure to remember it perfectly. And I will. I will remember every bit of it.  

     "I love you," he said. "I love you so much!"

     "I love you too. More than you know," I admitted. 

     "Oh my god," Nash whispered. He was looking past me at the cars.

     I turned around and saw every single one of the boys watching us through their window, and realized they just watched us make out.

     "I guess it's time for you to go," I forced a laugh  for the awkward situation.

     He laughed with me. "Hey, I almost forgot,  I need your number." he said as he handed me his phone.

     I smiled and put my number in and returned his phone to him.

     "Bye," he kissed my forehead and hugged me one last time.

     I watched as he got in the same car as Jack and Cam. I watched him through the window when he got in the car. He looked back at me and waved. Soon all the boys waved, and I waved back. I got out of the way allowing the cars to back up. Then I watched the silhouette of the back of his head. I kept watching, even when all you could see are the red lights behind the car as it drove down the road. It went farther and farther away. I watched as long as I could, as much as I could. Until there was no sign of him. I already missed him. And in that moment it hit me. It's over. It's done. It's all gone. I despised this feeling, but I realized this new shitty feeling is permanent. I'll never forget it. I'll never forget him.