Chapter 2: Reserve and Hide

I looked up slowly letting my view increase. Red vans. Dark jeans. Red hoodie. Then the face. My words strangled my throat.

     "Oh hey!" I fought my words out.

     "Hey!" He said with the cutest smile planted on his face.

     "It's you! Your Nash! What are you doing up so late?" I asked feeling like a hypocrite.

     "I don't know there's just a lot going on. I thought I'd take a walk. What about you?"

     "I guess I'm just not tired. I don't know. I just can't sleep. Are you okay?" I replied deciding to stay reserved.

     "Yea why?" He asked.

     "You said 'there's just a lot going on.'"

     "Oh no. I'm fine." I thought it was only fair to let him be reserved since I was doing the same. So I didn't accuse him of looking broken under that smile.

     "So are you here for Magcon?" He asked.

     "Naw." I replied with sarcastic tone.

     "Oh c'mon. It's not that obvious. After all it's just a hotel. You could be here for other reasons."

     "True." I felt myself smiling at everything he said. I felt stupid.

     "So what's your name?"

     "Inaya."

     "Inaya? Did I say it right" He asked attempting to say my complicated name.

     "Yea you got it on the first try. Unlike many, many people."

     "It's a really pretty name." Once again his smile melted me.

     "Thanks. Hamilton is a pretty name too." I replied with my stupid smile.

     "Hey now, It's Nash." He said with a good mixture of his laugh.

     "I like Nash too." I swear I was blushing.

     "So Inaya, where are you from?"

     "Frankston, it's a really small city in Tennessee."

     "Did you come all the way here just for Magcon?" He asked surprised.

     "Now don't be so selfish." I said joking. "I came here with my family for spring break to visit my Grandma. Magcon was just a very lucky coincidence. I begged my parents to let me come. I really wanted to meet you guys, and just get away from them. So I came here with my cousin Alana." I told him.

     "Oh cool. I guess y——"

      He couldn't finish his sentence. We heard voices. Voices coming from teenage girls. Nash looked scared. All of a sudden I was scared too. Scared that this is gonna cause all of this to end. Scared I'm never gonna see him again. By surprise, he grabbed my hand and ran behind the closest tree to the pool. We watched as two teenage girls walked pass, coincidentally talking about how "hot" Nash's eyes are. We watched as they eventually disappeared as they walked to the other side of the building. Nash and I laughed. We were relieved.

     "Hey you wanna go for a walk?" he asked while still holding my hand.