Chapter 15: Hidden Truth

We all waited anxiously for Cameron to come back with the news. I watched as the doctor talked to Cameron. Cameron nodded to the words he said as he filled out the papers the doctor handed him.

     "Hey," Nash whispered. He was close enough for me to feel his breath with his words.

     "Does Alana know where you are? Did you talk to her?" he asked concerned.

     It took me a while to realize what he was talking about, then I thought about what I told him last night. Yes, last night I was wishing for it to never end, but I've always been used to my wish not coming true. I didn't know that every thing I told Nash last night would come back to the life I'm living 15 hours later. I didn't know that I would have to live out my lies any longer than the 6 hours we were supposed to be together. But now, I'm here, and he's still beside me, and I'm still living a lie. I almost lied to him again. I almost said, "Don't worry about me," or  "Yes, I did call Alana," but then I decided that I didn't want that. I realized that this isn't something that has to end tonight or tomorrow. We could be together. I realized it is possible that me and Nash Grier could be something, and I didn't want him to deal with lies; again.

     "There's something I need to tell you, but not now. Okay?" I finally managed to reply.

     "Are you gonna tell me wh--" he started.

     "Yes Nash, I'll tell you everything, I promise. Just let us get out of this hospital first, okay?"

     "Okay," he nodded.

     Cameron finally started walking back towards us. I tried to get answers by reading his facial expression, but his head was down. When he finally reached us, he looked up at all of us. The faint smile on his face have me hope.

     "He's okay guys!" he smiled. "It was just a small concussion. "

     We all sighed in relief, and smiled bigger than ever.

     "So can we go see him?" Carter asked.

     "Yeah, but only two person at a time. That's what he said," Cameron referred to the doctor.

     "Okay, I guess we can just go in the order we're sitting," Jack J. suggested.

     Aaron and Matt, who was sitting the closest to Taylor's room, went in first.

     After they came back, about ten minutes later, the Jacks got up to go.

     We were next; Nash and I. I realized that Taylor never actually met me. I'm not sure if he actually ever noticed me when he came in the room. Either way, I'm a stranger, and I didn't feel comfortable going in.

     The Jacks finally came back, and Nash stood up. When he noticed me still sitting, he turned around and gave me a look.

     "I don't think I should go," I told him. "He never even met me, I'm a complete stranger, it would be weird."

     "Well then, what a perfect opportunity to make meeting you memorable for him: Out of no where in his hospital room," he smiled. "You're going."

     I accepted his sugar coated command and stood up beside him. "Let's go," I shrugged and followed him to Taylor's room.