Chapter 7: Almost

"Good morning," I replied while I finished stretching.

     "God, what time is it?" he asked concerned.

     "Almost 8. Do you need to go back?" I asked.

     "Oh no, the boys wont be up until like 11 or 12," he laughed. "We're good."

     I was relieved. I didn't want it to end. Not now, and if possible; not ever.

     "Did you sleep okay?" he asked while standing up.

     "You have no idea! I haven't slept this good in like two weeks!" I said without any exaggeration.

     "What the heck? You slept for like an hour! How's that the best slee---"

     "Like I said," I interrupted, "You have no idea."

     He stared at me as if he was thinking of saying something complex to say.

     "Inaya, I don't wanna assume anymore," he finally said.

     "Well, you're gonna have to," I replied.

     "Fine, but I don't want you to assume!"

     "Okay then, go ahead. Tell me." I said calmly preparing myself.

     "I don't want this. I don't want this life. I didn't ask for it! I hate it!" he said all in one breath.

     I knew he wasn't done, so I just kept listening.

     "I feel like shit every time I think this way because I know I should feel lucky. I know I have what many can only dream about. I know I should be happy. I don't know why I can't...it's just...it's stupid. I don't want millions of girls screaming at me! I don't wanna make a mistake and get confronted and blamed for it even a year after since it happened! I didn't ask for the attention, I didn't ask for this! And "#Cash", or whatever you guys ship, that shit is fake as hell! It's all for the camera, Inaya! All of us, we were hand picked for Magcon and we were forced to be together. None of it's real! None of us even talk out side of the vines, performances, and YouTube videos you guys see. It's all a big lie! And to be honest, I can't stand any of them! None of them are like what you think they are like. Believe it or not, we were all assigned personalities to portray for the cameras and performances! That's right, ASSIGNED PERSONALITIES! Even what you saw of me was fake! That's why you thought I was different! I had no idea what i was getting myself into! I just hate it, I hate it so much!" 

     I didn't say anything. I didn't know what to say.

     "That's not all." he continued. "I've been tired of this for a while, so I did something about it, but I haven't told anyone yet."

     "What did you do Nash? Tell me," I demanded.