Chapter Eighteen

My heart drops into my stomach, and I turn back to my friends, putting a smile on my face. They don't seem to know anything is wrong, which relaxes me, but only a little. We get to the counter, where a guy my age is smiling widely, ready to take our order.

"Hi, my name is Andrew, what can I get you?" His voice was very enthusiastic, which is a good customer service tool, but it just put me in a worse mood, at least someone is happy.

"I'll have your large burger, large fries, and a chocolate shake." He writes it down, and then turns to the rest of the group, waiting for them to tell him their orders.

"I will be paying for all of the food," I say in a small voice, so only he hears. He nods, and turns back to Bri, Damon, and Maggie to get their orders.

"We would like two medium burgers, a medium fry, and two vanilla shakes." Damon says, wrapping his arm around Bri's waist. I gag when they say vanilla, earning a chuckle from Maggie and glares from the love birds.

"Well, I'll have a small burger, and a small chocolate shake." Maggie goes to hand him cash, but I push her hand away, and hand Andrew my money. He grabs it, and gives me the receipt with our order number on it.

Damon and Bri are sitting in a booth, probably to save it for us. Maggie and I head over, but a large hand wraps around my wrist making me stop. I turn and see Andrew, with a small smile and nervousness on his face.

"Hey, um, I was just wondering i-if you maybe wanted to go out some time," he asks with a sheepish smile on his face.

"I would love to, but I-I can't." His face falls, and I regret my words. "You seem like such an amazing and sweet guy, but I'm no good for you."

"Please just give me a chance." His face is pleading, and I feel guilt filling me. What the heck, I'm going to go for it.

"Okay," I say reluctantly, and Andrew throws his hands in the air with a quiet 'yes'. His actions cause a hearty laugh out of me, causing some people in the restaurant to stare. A small blush creeps up my neck realizing I created a scene.

Andrew grabs my wrist and leads me to the counter where my food lays on the café's brown trays. I grab both trays with both of my hands, letting the middle of the trays rest on my palms as I walk towards the table.

As I arrive, everyone's smiles grow larger, and they rub their hands together in anticipation. I set down the trays in a dramatic matter, throwing my hands up as if I've given a mind blowing performance, earning laughs from my friends. I sit next to Maggie, while the love birds sit next to each other.

I grab my burger, fries, and shake and begin to dig into the delicious food. I take a large bite from my large burger, and moan as the delicious flavors hit my tastebuds. I look up and see Damon, Bri, and Maggie looking at me with funny looks.

"What?" I ask, forgetting to chew, my mouth of full of food and on display for everyone to see.

"Well you sounded as if you orgasmed when you took a bite of your burger," Bri says in a light laughing voice.

"Because I was, I forgot how heavenly their food was here." My comment earns laughs from everyone, and I almost start in on another bite, but then realize I haven't chewed all my food.

"Thea, may I please speak to you," a deep voice rumbles beside me, sending shivers down my spine, telling me exactly who is speaking. I nod, and wipe my face off with a napkin before standing up, and following his large retreating figure. He walks outside, pushing the door open, the bell jingling as we head into the street. He stops and looks back at me with a serious face.

"What is this all about Mr. Maxwell?" His eyes harden when I don't call him Lucca, and he stares down at my smaller frame.

"Why are you acting like this? Not calling me Lucca, acting as if I don't exist, and going on dates with other men?" His voice turns cold when he says the last part, and hope blooms in me, but I push it down and ignore it.

"What do you mean? Our relationship is a platonic business relationship and I'm acting accordingly. Why are you upset?" He glares down at me at my words making me want to be more defiant.

"You are correct, I'm sorry for thinking otherwise." His posture turns business like and I frown at him, which makes his eyes soften, but only a little.

"I should go. I will see you tomorrow Mr. Maxwell," I turn swiftly on my heel before reentering the quiet café, heading to my seat. All three of the people at my table are eating in silence which was weird for them. I sit back down and soon all eyes are on me.

"What did he say?"

"Did he ask you out?"

"Is he your boyfriend now?" I roll my eyes at the three, especially Bri's comment.

"He said nothing of importance, no he did not, and no you weirdo." They all sigh in disappointment that I couldn't give the answers they hoped to receive. I finish the rest of my burger and fries before wiping my face and taking my tray to the trash, where Andrew was standing.

"Hey," He says is a quiet voice, looking awkward, but cute nonetheless, but definitely not as good looking as Lucca. What the heck? Why am I thinking like this?

"Hey, hand me your phone real quick." He obliges and hands me one of the newer phones that is out, making mine look outdated and old. I punch in my name and number before handing it back to him with a smile.

A grin is now etched on his face as he looks down in excitement. He shoves his hands in his pockets and looks up at my shyly, which makes me want to laugh, this boy is so timid.

"I'll call you Thea." I nod and smile.

"I'll be waiting Andrew." I walk out of the café, with Maggie, Damon, Bri, and my milkshake in my hand. I hope this day will end better than it had started.