Chapter Fourteen

I push the covers from my body, getting up easily, starting my day with a good mood. Thanks to Lucca. I sigh happily, he makes me feel like normal person, not someone who was hurt badly and has a sketchy past. I cook my eggs with a smile on my face and a positive attitude, ready to start the day. I sing along to the song playing from my phone.

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just fine gotta gotta be down because I want it all

It started out with a kiss how did it end up like this it was only a kiss, it was only a kiss now I'm falling asleep and she's calling a cab while he's having a smoke and she's taking a drag

Now they're going to bed and my stomach is sick and it's all in my head but she's touching his chest now, he takes off her dress now, letting me go

I just can't look its killing me and taking control jealousy, turning saints into the sea swimming through sick lullabies

Choking on your alibis but it's just the price I pay destiny is calling me open up my eager eyes cause I'm Mr. Brightside

I power belt one of the best songs ever, because who doesn't love The Killers? A knock on the door brings me out of my trans and I shuffle over to the door, looking through the peep hole. Lucca. I open the door with a large grin, and he has a paper bag and two cups of coffee in his hand. I gesture for him to come in which he does, but not before looking at what I'm wearing.

I look down and realize I'm wearing a large tee shirt with only skimpy shorts underneath. The shirt comes to my knees, but I also don't have a bra on.

"Sit down, I'll go change," I laugh a little, even though it is a nervous and awkward laugh. I scurry to my room, and shut the door before deciding on what I'm wearing to work. I grab black leggings and a cute pale yellow zip up jacket with a white top underneath, sliding on my ol' trusty vans. I march back into the living and dining room to see Lucca sitting at a barstool. I go back to the stove and stir my eggs, to which he has a sheepish look on his face.

"I thought you may want some breakfast after you incident last night but I see you're a female Gordon Ramsay." I laugh at this, before adding different ingredients to my eggs to make them perfect. Once finished, I grab a plate from my cabinet, standing on my tippy toes to grab two plates. I divide the eggs in half, and set the breakfast sandwiches Lucca brought on the other side before handing him a plate and sitting next to him.

"I'm not Gordon Ramsay, I'm much better," He rolls his eyes before taking a bite of my eggs. I look at him expectantly to see how he reacts. His eyes close and he lets out a moan, which was one of the most appealing sounds I've ever heard. Great, now I'm thinking like a perv. His eyes open before he swallows more eggs, and I give him my portion of the eggs to which he smiles at me for, before digging in.

"I thought you were just being cocky, but serves me right, because these are fantastic." He says, his mouth full of eggs as he continues to chomp down. I laugh at him, and start on my breakfast sandwich, before grabbing two mugs, and pouring the coffee he brought into them. I put some cream and sugar into his black coffee before stirring it, reheating it, and handing it back to him.

"How do you know what I like in my coffee?"

"I saw what you got at the coffee shop awhile back, and I remembered it because I majored in Chemistry in college, so I'm good at putting the right amount of something in things just by looking at it." His eyes gleam with curiosity as I finish.

"Chem major? Wow." I give him a smile, and grab his now empty plate, and setting it atop mine before washing them in the sink.

"Why don't you put them in the dishwasher?" I continue to scrub the plates clean, and rinsing my sink out so it's sud free.

"I'm a perfectionist, and I like the way I do it better, I just have the dishwasher for when I have a large number of guests over." He nods, before grabbing the mugs we had previously been drinking out of and sets them beside me, but not in the sink. I set them in the sink, leaving them for tonight.

I dry my hands, and grab my white scrunchie from the little bowl of hair ties I have on my side table by the door, and throw my long hair in a pony tail. I turn and grab my keys, wallet, and phone before stuffing my phone in my pocket, zipping it and opening the door, waiting for Lucca and I to head to his home.

"Maggie delivered the flowers to my home this morning, and she said you'd come by to rearrange them and get them ready." I nod my head, because that is what Maggie and I talked about before I left for the dinner last night. He shuts the door behind him and heads to the elevator, while I push open the door to the stairs and start jogging down them.

"Wait!" Lucca yells as he follows me down the steps, finally reaching me, probably from his long legs skipping a couple steps. "You take the stairs everyday?"

"Yes, it helps me stay fit, and it's healthier than elevators. Plus that elevator smells like dog urine, from my neighbor's dog who always pees in it before they can reach the grass outside." Lucca laughs, and chills cover my arms and the heavenly noise sends a weird feeling to my gut. I smile back at him, before we finally reach the bottom.

I push open the doors and head to my bike, and Lucca to his car. I throw on my helmet and excitement flows through me. I get to ride my beautiful bike, see Bear again, and best of all, spend time with the man who may have revived my cold dead heart.