Chapter 15

Chapter 15: 

Slowly the sun begins to set, causing the arena to darken. Clove starts to make a fire, saying something about having a light source before it got too dark. Peeta, the boy from 12, is long asleep, tossing and turning as if he were thrashing about. 

"So, what are we going to do with Peeta?" Marvel whispers to Glimmer and I, being careful not to wake him. "I mean, after we find the girl." He adds on quickly. 

Glimmer shrugs her shoulders casually, as if discussing the weather. "Kill him, I guess." 

Even though we are in an arena where death takes place every day, I am shocked to hear those words come out of Glimmer's mouth. I am suddenly filled with grief at the thought of killing him; he did nothing to us after all. 

Marvel nods his head in agreement and I slowly join him, knowing that I can't just disagree; I'll look weak and scared. 

"Maybe we should go hunting tonight, you know, as practice for tomorrow." He suggests, turning towards the now blazing fire. The warmth hits me instantly, calming and relaxing me. I nod my head; we do need more food after all. 

"Easy. All we have to do is look for fires through the trees, and then we strike." Glimmer grins madly, agreeing with Marvel. I freeze immediately, shocked to the core. 

Are they talking about hunting tributes? 

Of course they are; it's the Hunger Games after all. 

Marvel, once again, nods his head in agreement. I, however, hesitate to answer and instead stare into the fire. Glimmer seems to notice my hesitation. "Scared of the dark, Cato?" She grins teasingly at me, poking my shoulder lightly.  

I force myself to smile before answering sarcastically, "Terrified." 

It's not completely a lie though. I only just stopped being afraid of the dark last year. I guess we outgrow our fears in time. 

Glimmer laughs loudly, waking Peeta. Clove glares at Glimmer, mumbling something along the lines of, 'Way to go, Princess' under her breath. I hold back a laugh, amused at how much they hated each other.  

Glimmer ignores her comment, smiling largely at me before addressing the rest of the group.  

"Let's go hunting!"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Author's Note:

Wow, this is really short... Sorry! :) Well, I hope you liked it anyway (Even though it's shorter than my attention span)!

Please vote and comment and tell me what you think!

-Emily