Chapter 14

Dean came back, but didn't say anything about him storming out. Honestly, I thought he was drunk, and I didn't want to deal with that. I could tell Sam didn't either, because as soon as he came back, Sam excused himself, saying he was going to get some food. I volunteered to go with him, saying I was starving, even though I wasn't even the slightest bit hungry after hearing what Cas had said. Dean either didn't notice our excuse or didn't care, but he didn't question us. Mason looked pissed at him, and I came to the conclusion that he thought Sam and I knew about Dean being a demon. I hated the thought, it made my blood run cold and goosebumps appear all over my skin, but I could tell it affected Sam much worse. And why wouldn't it? Of course it would. Dean was Sam's brother, I was just his girlfriend. Sam refused to talk about it, and after a while, I stopped trying. Dean never brought it up, and Castiel told me later to not ask him about it.

Whatever was killing men and leaving behind its signature, "He's not here." stopped its killing spree. Actually, as soon as Castiel came back to earth, the killings stopped, which made Mason and Luke suspicious, but Dean insisted Cas had nothing to do with it, and refused to let them look into it.

--------------------------------------Three Months Later--------------------------------

Dean laughed, his arm tightening around me as he did. We were at Peter's house with Kyle, David, James, and, obviously, Peter. Mason and Luke had practically moved into the condo I shared with Sam. Same thing with Dean. The condo was big enough so that five people living there did barely any damage to the amount of space available, but we agreed that five was enough. Two new hunter's had joined Peter's group- Michael and Aaron. Michael was tall, with dark brown hair and eyes, and tanned skin. He seemed intimidating, but was actually a huge sweetheart, and I immediately liked being around him. Aaron was just as tall, with hazel eyes and curly, light brown hair. He smiled a lot and wore bandanas in his hair all the time. Both of them were very attractive, and extremely kind. They got along with everyone, too, which made hanging out with them a lot easier. They were constantly inviting us to their house, so we began to spend more time at Peter's house, which I didn't mind. Ryan was gone, and I adored everyone else in the house. The information Cas had shared with Sam and I rarely crossed my mind, and I was able to force myself to forget it if I remembered it. Sam seemed to have gotten over it, and his apprehension towards his brother seemed to be completely gone, which made everyone happy. Michael and Aaron were more of 'hunters in training', as Peter put it. I laughed at the term, but everyone else seemed used to it. Dean offered to show them some tips on shooting, and they accepted. I got the vibe from Dean that he missed hunting, even though he swore he was done with it. Peter must have gotten the vibe, too.

On one of the only warm days we got in our city, we took advantage of it. We went to Peter's for a barbecue, sitting outside in his patio, laughing and drinking beer as he flipped burgers. Dean had one arm draped across the back of my seat, and when he laughed it would tighten around me. The hunters talked about a case they were working, and Dean helped them as best he could, while Sam and I had a seperate conversation. He was still not interested in getting back into hunting, and since I had never hunted, I didn't know how to contribute to their conversation. Sam and I were pulled into the hunter's (and Dean's) conversation when Peter said to Dean, "You should come check out the next attack- if there is another one."

"There probably will be," Mason said, rolling his eyes. "Son of a bitch never cleans up his mess."

Luke laughed, then added, "Yeah, Dean, we could use an experts help with this."

"What is it?" Dean asked.

Aaron shrugged. "Whatever it is just leaves a signature behind."

"'He's not here.'" Sam and I said at the same time.