Chapter 11

Two months had passed since Sam and Dean had been reunited. A lot had changed. Ashley and Andrew were engaged, and planning their wedding happily. Dean had become my boyfriend, and Sam got very close to Luke and Mason. They were at our apartment all the time. Our camping trip to California never happened, and probably for good reason. We didn't need more complications in our already screwed up group. Sam and Dean had told us the rest of their story piece by piece, except this time, Sam didn't lie. In the end, we had learned that after Sam and Adam, Sam and Dean's half brother, fell into hell, Sam got out, but his soul didn't. Castiel, who I had yet to meet, was able to help, and after many complications, including Death putting up a barrier in Sam's mind, his soul was back in tact. They stopped the apocalypse, dealt with too many angels. Eventually, all the angels fell from Heaven, and God disappeared. The angels picked sides: Castiel or Metatron. Castiel won, God returned, and all the angels returned to Heaven. Castiel would visit occasionally, but normally was in Heaven. Dean killed Abaddon, which lead to Sam and Dean not speaking, but Dean had sworn he'd only used the first blade a few other times before he decided to stop, which is when he started hunting with Luke, Mason, and the rest of the guys' from Peter's house.

Sam hunting was not brought up often, but Dean hunting was. Dean didn't mind talking about it, unlike Sam, who prefered to ignore that part of his life. Luke and Mason were still hunting, along with most of the other guys at their house, except for James and Ryan. Ryan had moved to Boston, and no one had heard from him since the move. James still lived in the house, but chose to focus more on his studies than hunting. He was given a lot of crap for it, but didn't change his mind.

A week before Valentine's Day. Sam, Dean, Mason, Luke, and I were in my apartment's living room, eating Chinese food and alternating between talking and watching reruns of Full House and Friends.

"What are you guys doing for Valentine's Day?" Luke asked all of us.

Sam and Mason shrugged, and Dean looked at me.

"What do you want to do?" he asked me. I shrugged, taking another bite of the noodles on my plate.

"We don't have to do anything."

"Come on!" Mason laughed. "That's so lame!"

"Valentine's Day is stupid." Sam said, and I nodded.

"I second that!" I said.

"So you don't want to do anything?" Dean asked cautiously, as if he didn't believe me.

I shook my head. "Everyone will be out that day, and I don't want to be around so many people. Let's just order in and hang out at your house."

"We all know what that means." Mason nudged Luke, raising an eyebrow at Dean.

"Dude," Sam said, shaking his head. "Don't."

Mason and Luke laughed. They were seated on the love seat facing the couch Sam lay across, both diaognol to the TV. Dean and I sat on the larger love seat facing the TV, joining in on the laughter due to Sam's discomfort.

"Let's just watched the show." Sam grumbled.

So we did. We watched an episode of Full House in silence, the only sound being our forks scraping across our plates. At the end of the episode, Sam said, "This show is such bullshit."

"No it isn't!" I exclaimed. "I love this show."

"It's just stupid. They fix every problem with hugging each other. 'Oh, a car was driven through the kitchen? Let's just hug it out.'" Sam shook his head. "Can you imagine if that had been the solution to everything when we were growing up?" he asked Dean.

Dean shook his head and chuckled before drinking from his beer. "If only."

Two hours later, Mason said, "We've got a case."

Sam sighed uninterestedly, but Dean and I straightened up. Dean had admitted that even though he had no desire to hunt anymore, he was still interested in Luke and Mason's cases. "What is it?" he asked.

"We don't know," Luke said, playing with his lip ring. "We were kind of hoping you could help us with that."

"Okay." Dean said, drinking more of his beer.

"Well, it's leaving a complete mess of things. It's trail is strong, messy, and odd- very, very odd." Luke said, looking at Mason.

"How odd?" Dean asked cautiously.

"It has a, uh, 'signature' if you will," Mason began.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"After it kills its victims, it uses their blood to write, 'He's not here.' on walls or mirrors or wherever else they can."

"That's disturbing,"

"Extremely. But most things don't leave a trail like this, right?"

"Well, I wouldn't say that." Dean said. "I mean, come on, most things out there don't even care enough to clean up their mess."

Luke nodded. "But this ones trying to send out a message."

"So it's looking for someone," Sam said, trying to seem uninterested in the conversation. "Who?"

"How would we know?"

"Is there any ties between the vics?" Dean asked.

Mason shook his head. "The only thing is that they're all male. But it's happening all over the country."

"What?"

"All over," Luke repeated. "They're all male, but none of them look alike."

"Any survivors?"

"No," Mason said, the added, "They're burned alive."

Dean's phone rang, not giving anyone the chance to react. He got up and jogged to the kitchen to answer it.

"Hello?" A pause. "Wait, what? Slow down, that doesn't make any-" another pause, this one longer. "No, that's not possible." He came back into the living room and sat down next to me. "No, I promise you, that's not the case." The person on the other side of the line tried to answer, but Dean cut them off. "Listen to me. It's not possible. I haven't done anything to have that-" a pause, the longest of all so far. "Okay, do what you need to do then." Pause. "Okay, see you in a bit Cas."

"Cas?" Sam asked.

"As in Castiel?" I asked.

Dean nodded. "Surprise."