Chapter 2

thisss is the econd chapter! yayy !! like it?? comment :O

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHapter 2

* Riley's POV *

I tried to ignore the blaring sirens drive by my house , until I heard shouting and banging at my front door. I knew mum wasn't going to get up to go get the door , and Macy's probably asleep so I chose to ignore it , until I heard voices.

" Open up!! Police! "

Oh my god , the police?! What the hell are they doing here?! Without thinking I sprang up from my position on the floor and ran to the door.

I swung it open to see three police officers pointing guns at me , so using all my knowledge I have with police movies , I threw my hands in the air like a total idiot. Good one Riley.

" Ma'am is your mother home? " The fat officer asked.

I couldn't tell them she was passed out drunk somewhere ! So I lied.

" No she's at work. " I have gotten very good at lying since the accident. The officer bought it , thank god.

" What's that mark on your cheek? " One of the officers pointed out.

Shit I forgot about that.. I tried to think of an excuse but nothing came out.

Then I heard a scream of a little girl come from upstairs.

"MACY!" I bolted up satires , I swear to god is mum hurts her..

I swung open her door , not aware of the three police officers running after me with freaking guns.

The scene in front of me was horrific. There was mum looming over Macy with a knife , and Macy was crying and screaming with a cut across her cheek.

I ran towards Macy , but one of the officers held me back , I kept on screaming at the officer to let me go see my little sister.

One officer tackled mum to the ground and grabbed the knife from  her and their other one picked up Macy and we ran out of the house.

I was basically being dragged out of the house by the police officer.

Everything felt like a dream , I could hear my mothers screams from inside. By this time our whole neighborhood came out to see what the commotion was. They put Macy in an ambulance and drove her to the hospital , and all I could to was stand there in my driveway , helpless.

I could hear the sirens of more police officers come but I just stood there on the lawn screaming. I desperately wished I would see my dad run from the crowd and hold me in his arms one more time.

I probably looked really stupid just standing there on the lawn shouting and screaming like a little girl , but at least I was dressed normal , all of my neighbors were in PJ's due to the fact its 1am.

Eventually one of my old mums friends came to calm me down . I  hugged her like there was no tomorrow.

"Come on sweetie let's go home. " She whispered to me. I nodded and we slowly began walking down the street. I was still crying holding onto her like my life depended on it. I had no idea who she was but I really didn't care.

We got into the car and she began driving. I didn't ask where we were going , all I could think about was Macy and Mum. Where were they? What will happen to my mother? Will Macy be okay? So many questions buzzed through my head.

All of a sudden her phone rang. I never did have a phone , or Facebook or twitter or any of that. Since dad died we couldn't pay for internet or cell phones , so I was basically living under a rock for the past 3 years.